Taking A Break

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

-General George S. Patton

---

[(A/N): I'm back from the grave, baby!]

The Next Day...

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Airfield
August 15, 2019
0800 Hours

A white Kawasaki C-2 transport plane with the rose emblem on its tail landed in the tarmac, taxiing shortly after its touchdown. The escorting F-35B Lightning II's used their VTOL system and landed nearby, waiting for the transport plane to take off again.

The door of the transport plane slid downwards moments later, which happens to have a ladder attached to it. Emma Schnee, the representative of ISAF herself, soon got out of the plane as five other security personnel followed after her.

She and her guards approached (Y/n) and Princess Rosa herself, who were waiting for their arrival on a nearby hangar alongside Monarch, Enterprise, Bismarck, Richelieu, and the entirety of Strider Squadron.

"Guten tag, Kommandant." Emma greeted.

"Hello." (Y/n) casually greeted back.

Emma then turned to the princess, and placed her right hand to her chest and bowed a bit. "Guten tag, princess."

Rosa bowed a bit as well. "Good morning as well, Emma."

Emma looked back towards (Y/n). "I thank your efforts for rescuing the princess, Kommandant."

"Not just me. My fleet and Strider Squadron did their work as well." (Y/n) replied.

"Of course." Emma nodded. "You can now take a break, Kommandant. We'll update you if the Sirens are on the move again. As for Strider Squadron, they're getting reassigned to Germany."

(Y/n) hummed in response. "Got it."

"Let's go, Princess." Emma said to Rosa.

Rosa nodded. Before she left, she walked towards the Ribbon Fighter and hugged him, completely catching him off-guard. "Thank you."

Unsure of what to do, (Y/n) just gently patted her back. "No worries."

Rosa broke the hug seconds later and followed after Emma as they walked back towards the plane. The princess waved her hand to say goodbye one last time, before she finally boarded the plane.

The Kawasaki C-2 took off from the airfield moments later. The escorting F-35B's took off after the transport plane and flew beside it, guarding all sides of the plane. (Y/n) and the others watched as the planes flew towards the horizon, getting smaller and smaller until they couldn't see them.

(Y/n) turned back towards the group, then looked at Strider Squadron, Richelieu and Jean Bart. "I believe this is where we go our separate ways."

"May the God be with you, Le Commandant. May he protect you upon your battles." Richelieu bid her farewell.

"Good luck, (Y/n)." Count went after.

"You didn't forgot that I'm still your disciple, right?" Cassandra asked.

"Yeah, yeah." (Y/n) shook his head and gave a chuckle.

"If you need us, give us a call." Húxiān said.

(Y/n) nodded. "Will do. Oh, and, give my regards to your son, Jaeger."

"Of course." Jaeger smiled.

"I may be not showing my true feelings, but... thank you for helping us. I really appreciate it." Jean Bart followed.