The Stains of Time

"I am for peace; but when I speak, they are for war."

-Psalm 120:7

---

The Next Day...

Arctic Ocean
SN Sovetskaya Belorussiya
Hangar Deck
August 27, 2019
0600 Hours

The strong cold winds of the north continued to blow harshly, causing large amounts of snow to pile up on the hull and main batteries of the combat ships that were present. The worsening weather was also the reason why (Y/n) and Cassandra halted the mission, and heading out on a snow storm with zero visibility is a risky move.

While waiting for the weather to settle down, (Y/n) and Cassandra had removed their battlesuits for the time being and took their time to do tests on it. They found out that while activating underwater mode, their suits would seal off any openings where even small amounts of water can enter through.

The HUD goggles also transformed into that of a scuba one and the HUD would disappear, and will instead be replaced by an underwater scanner and the waveform indicator from the MAD.

As for their close-combat weapons, they didn't need to do further tests as they had already proven their worth during the earlier engagement.

"Is there anything else we missed?" Cassandra asked.

"I don't think so." (Y/n) shrugged. "Besides, the suits were the first versions, so they might get updated with better systems after analyzing the combat data."

Cassandra nodded. "I see."

Belorussiya came into the room, holding two bottles of vodka. "командир, do you want some vodka?"

"Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want to drink before doing any mission." He politely refused.

"Alright, then." Belorussiya placed the bottles onto the table. "How about you, comrade Cassandra?"

Cassansra laughed lightly. "I'm... not an alcoholic person, so..."

"Hmph. And here I thought Americans were alcohol junkies." Belorussiya added with a chuckle.

"Not all of us." Cassandra clarified. "How about you? Do you always drink vodka before starting your missions?"

"Da. I love the flavor, and it gives me the motivation to do something." Belorussiya stated. "By the way, do you guys really don't know anything about the mission we were being sent into?"

"That's why I asked you yesterday, in hopes of you elaborating this." (Y/n) cut in. "Turns out you ladies were also sent here without proper briefing."

Tashkent and Avrora soon came in to the room, with the destroyer holding a laptop in her hands.

"Comrade Belorussiya, командир, someone wants to speak to the both of you about the mission." Avrora said.

"Huh. Speak of the devil." Cassandra talked.

Taskhent placed down the laptop onto the table. The one who called was no other than Erika herself, who was taking her time drinking a coffee.

"..." They all waited for her to finish.

"...Hello there." (Y/n) greeted, finally breaking the silence.

Erika, realizing that she was being stared at for quite a moment, almost choked on her drink but she quickly gulped down her drink and went on her best behavior. "Hello, Kommandant. I suppose Avrora had already told you why I called, correct?"