Collective Consciousness

"Those who carry on the will of those who passed must keep moving forward."

-Giorno Giovanna (JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - Part 5: Vento Aureo)

---

Arctic Ocean
RFS Suliko
300 Meters Below The Surface
Technical Department
0840 Hours

Kronshtadt looks at her computer, a look of boredom plastered on her face. She drags the mouse slightly to the right, moving the cursor onto a file. She then clicked the left button, opening the said file which contained a map of the whole world, with some areas having a red circle drawn on it. She then closed it and began looking onto some other files before writing something on her journal.

For a while, she had been investigating the meteorite that was beneath the surface of the Arctic. She was the leader of the task force Moscow sent to go in this operation, which was codenamed Operation: Abyssal Refrain.

The mission was highly classified, and only a handful of agents from both Moscow and ISAF knows about it. Not even the Commander of Azur Lane was given information about this, and she doesn't expect Moscow to tell him unless things go completely south, which she completely hoped that will not happen.

She was currently in the newly built submarine, the RFS Suliko. The submarine was a joint project between the United States, Russia, United Kingdom, and China. Then again, the submarine was the first one to be built and is currently classed as an experimental ship.

RFS Suliko was built in a hidden area somewhere in Russia, making sure that the submarine will remain hidden from the Sirens as much as possible.

Among the kansens in the Northern Parliament, Soyuz and Rossiya were the only ones who knew about the mission. Soyuz herself was one of the high-ranking personnel who approved of the operation, and was faithful that they would discover something and come back safe.

The submarine looked pretty much like the USS Ohio, but is longer and wider, with the nose being pointy. However, the size didn't affect the submarine's speed and remained the same.

It had a more reinforced armor on all around it, with high-tech systems such as cloaking device and stealth torpedoes, which further strengthen its offensive capabilities. However, they didn't add any railguns following the incident with Captain Torres. Coincidentally, the submarine was completed a day after Operation: Dragon Breath.

Of course, Kronshtadt had already thought of this being connected to the appearance of the Empress during the Azur Lane's raid on the unknown anomaly that manifested near the Philippines. Still, she still have many questions that were unanswered.

"This is getting stressful..." Kronshtadt sighed and stopped on writing. She closed her journal and placed the pen on top of it before grabbing the book that was on the table, which contained the instructions on how to operate the submarine.

The door slid open, revealing a petite blonde-haired girl. She was wearing a cylinder hat, and on her forehead was a winter goggles. She wore a thick white jacket that was right for her body size, yet her inner was only consisted of a brownish black bodystocking and white shorts, which is pretty inappropriate considering the weather.

"Hey, hey! Comrade Kronshtadt!" The girl called out to the large cruiser. "What'cha doin'?"

"Reading." Kronshtadt sarcastically replied, not bothering to take even a glance at her. "What about you, Soobrazitelny? Didn't I told you to assist Volga on the controls?"

"That's what I've been complaining about." Another woman came after the blonde girl who was now known as Soobrazitelny. "She's been messing with the controls and wouldn't listen to us."