Screaming Eagles

For Joshua did not draw back the hand that held out his javelin until he had destroyed all who lived in Ai.

-Joshua 8:26

---

Siren Stronghold
1500 Kilometers From Northern Parliament
1455 Hours

*rumble* *rumble*

"Wait, what's that sound?" Columbia pondered.

"Look!" Denver pointed at the stronghold.

The ice castle was beginning to crack from the bottom. The cracks were slowly getting larger and larger until it reached the top, creating large gaping holes on all sides, which meant one thing...

"THE STRONGHOLD IS GOING TO COLLAPSE!! WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!" Enterprise shouted, alerting her fellow shipgirls.

The shipgirls immediately sailed to the opposite direction. Much to their horror, the stronghold was going to collapse right at them! They had already sailed at full speed, but they still hadn't gained enough distance from the now, falling stronghold.

In the air, the remaining carriers were doing their very best to destroy the huge chunks of ice raining down on the surface fleet.

"Tch..." Kaga clicked her tongue in annoyance as she weaved to the side, barely avoiding a big ball of ice.

(Y/n) carefully aimed his sights on the falling debris and destroyed them by firing small bursts of the M61, successfully intercepting them or altering their course away from the shipgirls. The Leopard Squadron were trying to help the Ribbon Fighter, but were having a hard time due to the debris raining dangerously close to them.

After a few moments, the stronghold crumbled and sank beneath the waves, burying the other Sirens, leaving no traces of its existence. To everyone's relief, everyone had made it out safely.

(Y/n) took a few deep breaths as he slumped back down on his seat. "Is everyone alright?"

"Da, comrade Commander." Soyuz answered.

"We're okay, Commander." Enterprise said.

"Phew... All that flying around payed off..." Natasha cut in, flying her Su-27 beside (Y/n)'s Raptor.

"Indeed." (Y/n) agreed. "Sky Eye, do you detect additional hostiles?"

"Negative, Mobius 1." Sky Eye reported. "Your squadmates also made it back successfully."

He sighed in relief. "That's good."

---

Bastogne
Wallonia, Belgium
1530 Hours

"INCOMING!!!"

*BOOM* *BOOM*

Crack of the lightning was splitting the ground - thunder is sounding, artillery pounding. Wrath of the Sirens cast on Bastogne, and facing their forces alone were the 82nd Airborne Division and the 101st Airborne Division, also known as the 'Screaming Eagles'. They were accompanied by the French 1st Armored Division and German Luftwaffe's Tactical Air Force Wing 31.

The Luxembourg military had provided support as well, fearing that the Sirens will continue to push inland and attack them.

The Sirens had made a surprise attack on the Belgian town of Bastogne, and the military forces of the area were caught off-guard. The military did their best to evacuate the civilians away from the town, while holding off the invaders and trying to push them back with little to no luck.