Cavaliere

"It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill."

-Wilbur Wright

---

USS Kestrel
Briefing Room
0455 Hours

"Alright, let's get the briefing started." (Y/n) spoke as the Eagle Squadron and the shipgirls from the task force gathered in the briefing room. A map was placed on the chalkboard behind him, with red arrows and circles drawn in it. "We'll launch at 0600 hours. We'll divide the fleet into three groups to attack from different sides. Bismarck, Enterprise, Akagi, you'll lead your respective groups. I will dictate the list of the shipgirls who will go to their groups."

---
Group Alpha
---
-Enterprise
-Laffey
-Foxhound
-Z23
-Belfast
-Dido
-Hornet
-San Diego
-King George V
-Monarch
-Unicorn

---
Group Bravo
---
-Akagi
-Kaga
-Hammann
-Gridley
-Cleveland
-Columbia
-Denver
-Montpelier
-Iowa
-New Jersey
-Missouri
-Wisconsin

---
Group Charlie
---
-Bismarck
-Javelin
-Ayanami
-Prinz Eugen
-Admiral Hipper
-Northampton
-Hood
-Zuikaku
-Shoukaku
-Long Island

"Since the anomaly is heavily guarded, we'll attack it from different directions. Group Alpha will attack at the center, Group Bravo will flank the left side, Group Charlie will go on the right." (Y/n) explained. "Me and Eagle Squadron will provide air support alongside the airgroups onboard the Kestrel. Any questions?"

Laffey raised her hand. "Will I get oxy-cola after the mission?"

"You got your priorites straight." (Y/n) added with a sigh. "You'll get oxy-cola after, just don't get diabetes. Oh, I would like to add one last thing. Since Unicorn is a repair carrier, you need to prioritize her safety, knowing that the enemy might go after her first. Unicorn, stay with your group, understood?"

"G-Got it!" Unicorn said.

"Good." (Y/n) replied. "Alright ladies and gentleman, prepare yourselves, and see you on the battlefield. This mission will be named 'Operation: Dragon Breath'. Dismissed."

---

USS Kestrel
Flight Deck
0530 Hours

The sun was slowly rising over the horizon as the cold dark sky was slowly being replaced by the bight morning. (Y/n) was now leaning his back against the flight ladder of his Tomcat, watching Unicorn and Monica playing in the distance. Somehow, seeing them happy makes him smile, and wished that he could see that again.

Now thinking back, he remembered Monica's words about her world being destroyed by the Sirens. He could only imagine what kind of horrors she witnessed during her time, and was surprised that she still managed to contain her sanity.

"Hey." Monarch walked over and joined beside him, giving him a small peck on the lips as a greeting. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Just watching those two play together." (Y/n) pointed at Unicorn and Monica. "At least they can relax at times like this."

"Why didn't you join them?" Monarch joked.

"Nah, I'm already satisfied seeing them smile." (Y/n) said.

"I still think about what Monica said." Monarch added. "About the monstrosities she experienced... I could only imagine what it felt like."

"That's what I've been thinking." (Y/n) said. "She still managed to keep her sanity in control. She's a strong girl."