Rest (Rewritten Chapter)

The Next Day...

Azur Lane Base
Lecture Hall
June 21, 2019
0900 Hours

Yesterday's battle sure was intense, but they managed to get through it. Some of the shipgirls were injured during the battle, but they didn't get any serious injuries and were ready to go to the frontline once again.

Right now, (Y/n) was walking along the lecture hall, with Monarch and Belfast accompanying him. They came across multiple shipgirls who greeted the Ribbon Fighter, with him replying with a small wave.

He soon came across with Enterprise and Belfast talking to Cleveland. Behind the cruiser were three girls with the same height as her. The one on the left was a sandy brown-haired girl with shades on top of her head, the one in a middle was a silver-haired and stoic, while the one on the right was also silver-haired, although she was much more cheerful compared to the two. They were Columbia, Montpelier, and Denver, members of the Cleveland-class cruisers.

"Hey, Commander!" Cleveland called out, waving her hand at them.

(Y/n) waved back as he approached the group. "Hello there."

"Meet my sisters. Columbia, Montpelier, and Denver." Cleveland introduced her sisters.

"So it's you... Thank you for saving my sister." Montpelier said.

(Y/n) nodded. "Just doing my duties."

"Wait, you're the Ribbon Fighter, right?" Denver cut in.

"That's my grandfather's nickname, but that name was passed on to me, since I used his plane in my previous battles." He clarrified.

Denver pulled out a paper with an illustration of the Mobius Squadron emblem, which was surprisingly accurate. "Can I get your autograph? I admired you as much as I admire my sister!"

The Ribbon Fighter shrugged. "Sure." He pulled out a pen and puts his signature below the emblem.

Denver looked at the signature. "You have a nice signature, Commander."

"Thanks." He said. "You sure get along well."

Cleveland smiled. "Yep."

"Commander!" Came in the voice of Hornet as she came closer. "Someone wants to see you."

"Who?" He asked.

"Just come with me." The twintailed carrier gestured them to go with her.

The group walked to the port, equally curious on who was the new arrival. Upon arriving, they saw a crowd of shipgirls staring at a battleship with the number '62' painted on the hull. On each side were modern weaponry such as CIWS and Tomahawk cruise missiles.

'Oh boy...' (Y/n) thought.

"Damn..." Cleveland muttered. "Look at those guns..."

"HOOOOOOONNNEEEEEYYYY~!!" A blue-haired woman ran to him and hugged him tightly, making him grunt in pain, while also surprising the shipgirls within the area. The said woman wore a black suit merged with a rather short pencil skirt that emphasized her curves, black tights, and a large white coat with transparent blue. On her arms were long white gloves with metal pieces attached on her wrists, and on her head was a metal piece with two long metals sticking out.

 On her arms were long white gloves with metal pieces attached on her wrists, and on her head was a metal piece with two long metals sticking out