When they cry

Requested by: 445281M

Tommy:

He cried a lot at one point in his life. He was a taxi driver, getting paid so little that he had trouble paying rent and couldn't even waste a little bit of money on an extra cup of coffee, had to buy the cheapest items, his apartment was old, smelly, and he even saw a cockroach or two once, and he was just so emotionally exhausted. So when you both bought a house together, he couldn't help but cry because then it finally clicked to him that he never had to go back to that shitty way of living and life is finally going good for him. He finally has a good house, while his job is dangerous it pays extremely well, he got two best friends out of it as well, and the best of all; he has an amazing lover at his side.

Paulie:

He just doesn't like being seen crying, knowing he already isn't the best looking and especially not when crying. He will try to joke about it, play it off, but when you tell him it's okay and he can cry, he will break down in more tears and want to hold you for comfort.

Sam:

He grew up being told not to cry, that he has to toughen up. So when he cries, he becomes angry because he doesn't want to cry, he can't cry, it isn't right. He will storm away so you can't see him cry and lock himself up in the basement or the bedroom and silently cry there, telling himself to stop being a crybaby. When you try to assure him everyone cries and it's okay, he refuses to accept it, having grown up with this mindset and now not able to break that mindset anymore.

Vito:

While his mother never told him not to cry, even encouraging it as there is nothing wrong with crying, the outside world was not as kind. When he cried at school, his classmates made fun of him. In the army, after a tough session and he got mentally exhausted, he was told not to be a baby and mature up. So even if his mother was so kind to not give him that "you are a man, don't cry" statement, the outside world wasn't and he began telling himself he has to protect his mother and sister and he cannot cry while doing so. So when he tears up, he is quick to rush away to go in the bathroom, lock the door and tell himself int he mirror not to cry and mature up. When you once assured him he can cry around you, he gave you this sad "I wish I could" look before looking away and not talking about it further.

Joe:

He doesn't cry a lot, when he's sad he's just sad and complains a bit. When he does cry, he will curse and wipe his eyes, trying to laugh it off and say something must have gotten in his eyes. When you ask him if he's okay, he will shrug and say he will be fine, don't worry.

Henry:

He will excuse himself and hurry away. If you take his hand before he can leave and tell him to talk to you and not run away, he will stare before sighing, wiping his eye, knowing communication is one of the most important parts of a relationship so he nod and took a seat, gesturing to sit down so you can both talk about what's wrong with him right now.