Something bad happens so you finally have enough and move far away

Normally I hate chapters where the MC and LI break up/split ways: BUT it is only logical with these people because THEY ARE MOBSTERS AND KILLERS!

Some of you all need to stop romanticizing things like this and the life style. It's cool to picture, yeah, but it's still the mob and terrifying.to live in. So I'm here to remind you all of the reality what it would be like to date these people.

Tommy:

It was not an exact moment but the building up of moments. They started small and slowly got bigger. The more bloody laundry the more stress and anxious you grew. Each night nightmares of people breaking in and killing you and/or Tommy. You can't ever have a free day with him without thinking 'ugh, I hope the phone doesn't ring to call him to work' or go to a restaurant without him eyeing each person, spot, and just getting this over with quickly to avoid sitting out in the open like this for a long time. It's frustrating! You just want a moment with your man without his work always interfering!

So you told him about it. He understood. He asked if you want to break up, which broke him to ask, but you assured him no but you do want to leave this place. You told him you love him but these circumstances are making you terrified and so stressed it's starting to affect you mentally.

Helping you pack your bags hurt him but he knew this is better than keeping you here. He got tickets for you for a place far away. He told you to never put your address, names, or any locations in your letters. This was to be safe so if anyone ever gets them they can't retrace it to you and go harm you.

Paulie:

He robbed the bank. The second he came to you you got the most dreadful feeling over you. You knew, you could feel it, that this won't end well; for him. And you didn't want to be here for that so you told him you are leaving. You immediately began rushing to pack your bags, all while he frantically tried to convince you to stay. He asked if this means you two are breaking up so you assured him no and you love him but you don't want to be in this place for what's gonna happen.
He tried to convince you nothing will, both will run away with the money, but you told him you are hiding for a week, and by the end he can come find you but otherwise no. He just you the money to go, snatching your wrist and having you swear you will write him after a week. As you walked down the streets you noticed Sam drive by in a car you never seen him in before; having a stern look on his face. And at that moment you knew for sure.

Paulie never came at the end of that week, or the week after that, or even years after.

Sam:

Mr Sewer's death came in the newspaper and you immediately just knew it was their doing. And you were tired of being connected to them! You been debating living somewhere else a while anyway but you knew Sam wouldn't react well. Maybe even be insane enough to snap and kill you so you can't be a risk of gossiping to people. And that fact terrifies you so much that it kept you here, not saying a word. But the bags were packed and hidden.

He began acting weird, as if he was getting more and more power. It was scaring you, mainly of what he will become capable of doing. Then Paulie died. He told you a simple reason but you knew it wasn't the true one. Especially when it shifted from "he got killed by rivals" to "he died from alcohol poisoning". He slipped up when he was thinking too much of other things.
The next day you took your bags while he was at work and ran away. You kept running, taking trains, even got a boat and moved. You didn't want to be in America anymore; you didn't want to be where he was anymore.

Vito:

You were sleeping, cuddled against Vito. Something felt wrong, and something was smelling odd. Like on fire. You didn't have to even get up and look because suddenly the window broke as a molotov crashed against it, causing flames to burst. Vito was quick to jump awake at the crash. He cursed then took your arm and rushed to exit the bedroom to the livingroom but flame bursts out so he was quick to push you back. He hurried to the bathroom then out the window. He made sure no one around then helped you climb through the window.

Of course once safe at Joe's, having gotten some of his clothes to borrow, angrily pointed to Vito and shouted you are tired of these constant threats so you had enough and will be leaving. Both argued for so long but you stayed with your point: you are leaving. He was shouting a lot as you stormed out the apartment and down the stairs.

You didn't have anything to take with you anymore even due to the fire so just left to whatever friend or family would be willing to help you on quick notice so early in the morning.

He was furious at the moment but later on he was glad you left this insane, dangerous life. He never looked you up; told himself not to risk guiding anyone watching to your new place. He hoped you got a good man, a family, but he didn't want to see that.

Joe:

It wasn't only his job but how he was becoming. Especially after Marty's death. He began drinking so much, you had worries he was using drugs but never saw it so couldn't confirm. But you did see the drinking; way more than you like to see. So not only was his job terrifying, stressful, but now he's also ruining his life, and both were starting to ruin your life. He wasn't even the person that you fell for so you felt stuck and knew you had to get out.

So you packed your bags, ignoring him trying to convince you to stop. It broke you, especially when he went on his knees and hugged your legs, promising he will give it all up. But you knew he wouldn't. He made that promise before once. So you stayed strong. You pushed him off, said a firm "goodbye Joe" then walked away. He was quick to ask "Do you still love me?!". It broke you. You held the door handle then answered "I loved you, but now you are someone different".

That hit him a lot. And the first few days he drank even harder, but then he knew he had to change; and maybe he can get you back if he fixes himself back up. So he got a new goal in life, and he began working as best as he could towards it.

Henry:

He been thinking it before you even began. So when you revealed it to him; feeling so anxious, he suddenly hugged you. He held you tight, taking a deep breathe then whispered he'll help you. He went to a drawer then held an envelope to you. You opened it to find tickets to get on a boat and go oversees. He gave you a bag, and it was heavy. It was full of money. He told you to use this to get yourself a place overseas. He told you to go wherever you want, and never tell him where you are. He assured you you can write, but to send it to a specific place and never write anything that can be retraced to you.

And that's how it went. You lived overseas and send him letters. He replied, but it wasn't for long. After a few months the replies suddenly stopped. And you never got to know why. Did he just find someone else? Did it for your safety? Did something go wrong? Did he forget where to send it? Are you sending them to a wrong place? Did he move?

Those questions ran in your head for longer than you like to admit, but as time went you had to learn to accept it's over now.