1

When jeongguk finally reached the part of the building he had his small apartment in, he immediately let himself fall onto the couch. He could finally be alone and didn't have to hide his true identity anymore.

Since the hiding place was in an old office building, nearly all of the gangs members lived in there.

So jeongguk never was alone.

There would always be someone around, even if he just wanted to grab some food from the place they called the cafeteria.

Or if he wanted to visit jimin.

His only friend he had ever made in earth.

This was actually a surprise for jeongguk himself. He would have never thought to befriend one of these humans who were too stupid to use their brain correctly.

But jimin somehow managed to sneak his way into jeongguk's heart.

The smaller male was also a part of the gang, but other than most of the members he never joined willingly. He was already born there and didn't have the choice if he actually wanted to do this. And believe me, jimin would do anything to leave the gang. And that was exactly the reason why jeongguk liked the other.

Jimin was intelligent.

Something that jeongguk hadn't seen too often.

~

It wasn't that quiet in the basement anymore.

Taehyung was currently eating and he definitely didn't bother to use his manners and close his mouth while chewing.

There was no reason to do that.

Nobody would see him anyways.

The food wasn't that enjoyable either. By the time he was brought into this basement, a whole shelf filled with food cans had been set up. They said it was so that they would not have to look after him until they knew what to do with the mermaid.

They probably planned to sell him or do even worse.

But that had been such a long time ago that he would have already run out of cans if he would have eaten a normal amount every day.

Needless to say he was way to thin. You could probably see every single bone in his body if there was just a little more light.

Raw fish.

That was what they had given him.

Since he himself was a half-fish he would like that, right?

Well, not right.

Fresh fish and fish from food cans were two completely different things. To make things short, it tasted disgusting.

If they really wanted to do something with him they would have given him more food.

New food.

Taehyung knew that he was worth quite a good amount of money to the humans and he was pretty sure they wouldn't just let that go to waste.

So he came to the conclusion that something must have happened.

He just didn't know what happened.

-

I hope the chapters will be longer when some action happens...