36

Jeongguk groaned when the sunshine hit him in the face like a fucking truck. He was so close to cursing, when he remembered that he was not alone in his bed.

Taehyung was lying next to him, his arms spread out like a starfish, but still keeping his legs closed. Must be a mermaid-thing, the angel thought.

Trying not to stay angry at the sun, jeongguk now turned in his bed to look at his phone, checking the time. The movement caused his wings to slide on top of him, leaving even more space for starfish-taehyung.

The mermaid had been covered by them before, they were almost acting as a blanked for him since jeongguk kind of stole that for himself.

12pm.

What a great time to start the day.

Jeongguk just wanted to pull the blanket over his head again and sleep until someone forced him to get up. Which no one would do anyways.

But maybe he should at least get some food for taehyung. The blue haired had been gaining weight over the past weeks, but he was still too light, jeongguk was pretty sure about that.

It was easy to see actually, the mermaid was laying beside him with just the sweat pants from last night on, his upper body was completely exposed. And even if he wasn't as thin anymore as when the angel saw him the first time, he was still quite skinny.

Jeongguk frowned. Should he get up? Or should he just go to sleep again.

He could for sure take this day off.

But then again, he was hungry himself. Something to eat would be great right now.

"Taehyung?" He asked groggily, testing if the other would wake up.

He didn't.

Jeongguk turned around once again, now laying on his stomach. His tired eyes were only half opened, directly at a random spot in taehyung's cheek.

How could he be so tanned when he had literally never seen sunlight in his whole life?

Jeongguk's skin had always been so white, even though he almost always was in the sunlight. It once matched with his wings pretty well, back when they were still white. Now there just was a heavy contrast between the dark wings and his light skin.

He really didn't like it at first, he always loved the pure white of his wings, but he eventually got used to the new color.

Carefully, jeongguk held his wrist against taehyung's neck, silently comparing the color of his own skin to the mermaid's. It wasn't exactly dark, but it was way darker than the angel's was.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung's voice suddenly reached jeongguk. It was so much deeper than usual and a little scratchy.

Jeingguk flinched at that and quickly pulled his hand away.

"Nothing?"

It was very obvious that he was not doing 'nothing'. But taehyung was also by far too tired to think about anything right now. There was only one thing on his mind.

"Food?"

Yes, food. Well, and maybe jeongguk's mattress, he was totally in love with that, but food was a little more important at the moment.

"Of course..." Jeongguk mumbled. Now it wasn't his decision anymore if he wanted to get up.

With that he left the bed, throwing his blanket on top of the sleepy mermaid on his bed and went to get them something to eat.

Where would he get breakfast at 12pm though?

-

I really have to make some taekook moments now...