13.

Jeongguk woke up around lunch time to a text from seokjin that he wouldn't be able to visit today. Even though he would have loved to come. And of course he reminded him to not forget about taehyung.

The elder kinda seemed to be a little obsessed with the mermaid.

So currently jeongguk was looking for some leftovers from lunch.

Which he missed.

Actually he was looking for food for himself, too.

He was pretty lucky that no one washed the dishes before dinner. There wasn't a professional cook after all.

Jeongguk was trying hard to be as quiet as possible anyways to not draw attention to himself.

At the moment he was quietly looking through the fridge. There were tons of expired vegetables.

He threw all of them into the garbage can.

They were just disgusting and he knew that no one would do this voluntarily.

He was already closing the fridge when he saw a box with sandwiches on the highest board of the fridge.

Jeongguk figured that they were probably the best option since he would only find dry food or things that needed to be cooked first in the  other shelves. So he took them, put them in his backpack which he brought from his apartment and left the kitchen again.

This time he needed to be more careful on the floors because there were quite a few people walking around the building at this time of the day.

The angel only made an annoyed face and glared at everyone that came too close to him.

It worked every single time.

He had enough respect here to not be bothered with small talk or unnecessarily problems.

~

Once again jeongguk entered basement and was faced with the mermaid again.

"Good morning, jeonggukie." The blue haired greeted in a mocking.

"Good morning, taehyungie."

Jeongguk practically didn't have another choice than to imitate him.

At least his brain didn't leave him an other one.

But since the mermaid didn't add anything else to his greeting jeongguk just continued talking.

"I have food. I hope you like sandwiches... But I don't know what they put on this."

"What's a sandwich? Never mind, just give it to me. Everything is better than fish from food cans."

Jeongguk squatted down on the floor and opened the backpack. The floor was actually cleaner than yesterday and the angel didn't have the urge to gag by just looking at the tiles anymore.

He took two sandwiches from the box for himself and passed the rest to the mermaid.

He sat down on the now empty backpack and watched taehyung killing his sandwich.

Literally killing.

He opened the two toasts and was now holding the cheese in his left and a lettuce leaf in his right hand.

And honestly, it hurt jeongguk.

That's not how you eat a sandwich.

He hasn't been on earth for that long but he definitely knew how to eat a sandwich.

And taehyung was doing it wrong.

"Please don't do that ever again. You have to eat it all at once." He just couldn't stay quiet.

Taehyung looked up at him with big eyes.

"Like this?" He asked and grabbed another sandwich from the box, taking a bite without destroying it this time.

And jeongguk gave him a thumbs up.

And a small smile.

-

Not me changing my automatic correction from german to english every time I write...