22

"Taehyung."

Jimin entered the room without a proper greeting.

He still wore the expression that he left jeongguk's office with. Only the glare softened a bit.

"Hm..."

The mermaid was on the other side of the room, doing some kind of workout (?) in the pool. Jimin didn't know which muscles were supposed to be trained with these moves, but as long as taehyung had fun he wouldn't say anything.

"Do you have legs?" After his discussion with jeongguk, jimin really didn't want to wait any longer for his answer.

"Well, do you see any legs?" Taehyung lifted his tail out of the water, wiggling around a little.

There were obviously no legs.

Wow.

"No."

"See?"

Jimin sighed.

"If there would be legs, I wouldn't be a mermaid." Taehyung started to explain.

Patience, not one of jimin's strengths.

"I know that. But in every movie, mermaids get legs when they are not in the water. Or something like that. Is that true?"

Now the blue haired smiled a little. "It is. I only had legs once and I never walked, but it kinda saved my live, I guess?"

Now jimin was confused. And he wanted to know more.

"Tell me."

He sat down on the blankets that were still there from jeongguk's spontaneous sleepover.

"It's not that interesting..."

"But I wanna knowww." Jimin nearly whined.

"Fine... Well, as a mermaid, we don't live in the ocean. We live under the ocean. Different dimension or something like that. And I kinda got... expelled? Don't ask. Anyways, you get thrown out, into the ocean you know. And usually, the mermaid gets divided into a fish and a human. The human dies, obviously, because they drown, and the fish is a fish."

Taehyung made a small break.

"But shouldn't you be dead then?" Jimin was really fascinated by the story, he had never heard something like that before.

"I mean, yes... But I got caught by the gang's old leader. No idea what they were doing on a ship, but I got fished out and dried before I could divide. So, no fish and no dead human, but a living human. Somehow, i never divided after i got my tail back again? I guess it's because it didn't happen the first time, it won't happen." Taehyung shrugged.

Jimin just sat there with his mouth hanging wide open.

Suddenly he realized something.

"So the gang saved your live?"

The mermaid just nodded.

"Crazy..."

"To answer your question, yes I have legs. What are you trying to do with them?"

With that, jimin was brought back to the topic.

"Jeongguk didn't want to believe me. So I needed a proof. But actually, I wanted to take you to the sea maybe? It's not that far away."

Taehyung's eyes lit up at these words.

"Really? That would be so amazing!"

Jimin smiled.

"I know someone who could get us to the beach. We just need jeongguk on our side."

"We can get him for sure. It's 2:1 after all."

They smirked at each other. Jeongguk wouldn't even have the chance to disagree.

-

Soulmate feelings