11

"So..." jeongguk started. "Should I get some cleaning supplies? Or food?"

He totally wasn't sure what to do without seokjin.

The mermaid teasingly looked up at him. "So now you are getting shy? Or confident? Seems like you just needed someone to tell you what to do."

Jeongguk pressed his lips together.

This mermaid got a completely different first impression of him than he actually was.

The blue haired must think that he was some shy teenager that tends to panicked rather quickly. Pretty much the opposite of jeongguk's normal personality.

"I'll get cleaning supplies then." The angel states without replying to the mermaid's comment.

With that he left the room.

When he first entered the basement he found this small room with just the things he needed, so that was exactly where he was heading now.

The door opened pretty easily, just like the first time. But now that jeongguk actually wanted something out of the room, he couldn't help but notice all the spiderwebs and the dust. 

Just like the rest of the basement.

It took him a lot of willpower to overcome his disgust and grab an old broom to brush at least a little of the dirt away.

He didn't take that broom with him afterwards.

It was full of spiderwebs.

But he grabbed a small bucket and some old clothes they could use as a rag.

He even found some chemicals that would help them clean the floor and the dirty tiles on the walls.

That should be enough.

The problem was just that he didn't really want to be alone with the mermaid again.

It was way too awkward for his liking and he would rather have seokjin by his side. But he also knew that the elder would shoo him away as soon as jeongguk would have found him.

If he found him.

He had no idea where seokjin was.

So there was no other option than going back to the mermaid, facing further insults and trying not to upset anyone.

Let's see if that works out.

~

The mermaid was still in the same place where jeongguk left him. His elbows placed on the edge of the pool and his tail lazily floating in the water.

And once again jeongguk couldn't ignore how pretty it was.

"Do you have them? What is this?" The blue haired actually seemed pretty interested now.

So the angel actually tried to be as polite and nice as possible, not wanting to start another fight with him ending up soaking wet.

"Cleaning supplies. I thought we could start with cleaning up the dirt an the dust 'till seokjin fixes whatever there is to fix."

"You know I can't really move outside the pool, right? I will lay there like a stranded whale. Basically just flopping around..." The mermaid looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

Jeongguk actually had to laugh at that.

"You can just clean the floor around the pool. Or you _flop_ around. I don't mind." He chuckled.

The mermaid nodded. "Okay."

They were working pretty quiet for at least ten minutes, jeongguk constantly hoping for seokjin to come back to make the situation less awkward.

He was currently brushing away the spiderwebs from the ceiling.

But when seokjin suddenly burst the door open he nearly let go of the broom.

"Is it working?" The older angel asked excitedly.

"Not yet? I don't think so, it would probably be louder then, right?" Jeongguk asked.

There was no change in the water or anything else.

"Yes, it was louder when I came here first." The mermaid confirmed.

Seokjin sighed.

"Don't worry, taehyungie, I will manage to fix this shit. Be prepared for my skills!"

And with that he left the room again.

Two confused pairs of eyes following his steps.

-

Seokjin is a mood