Epilogue

"Come in, it's nice!" Taehyung shouted. But jeongguk just shook his head. He was very much not interested in swimming in the ocean. It was cold, it was wet, it was ew.

But as long as taehyung enjoyed it, he was happy. The merman has been swimming almost every day these days, sometimes even multiple times and jeongguk was convinced that he would always stick to watching him. There was no way that he would get his wings wet. So he just sat on their terrace, the one that ended right in the water, and hoped that taehyung wouldn't soak him today with his splashes.

The last time he did that the angel had forced him to blow dry his wings afterwards. Because jeongguk was actually able to keep them in the open ever since they had moved. He didn't have to hide them anymore and it made him feel a lot better. Better than he had ever felt.

Both of them were quite happy with their new living arrangements, they met up with jin and jimin at least twice a week and they had even visited hoseok and yoongi again. And jin was still in contact with namjoon. Every time he went to see the candy shop owner, he came back home with lots of sweets and forced his friends to eat them all. Taehyung was the only one who actually ate them in delight though. But jeongguk had to listen to him complaining about being sick afterwards.

"Please come swim with me, jeonggukkie, it would be so fun!" Taehyung requested again, but he did that every time. He knew that jeongguk wouldn't join him and he was also fine with that. He just really grew a liking to annoying the angel. "If I come swim with you, you come fly with me." Jeongguk responded and taehyung pouted. "Not fair, I don't have wings" He came closer to the terrace and put his elbows onto the wood.

"And I don't have a tail."

"But humans swim, too!" Taehyung made a point. Jeongguk pouted. "I am no human and I am no fish."

The merman sighed. "Whatever, stay there, then. It's your fault I'm lonely now." He sank back into the water and jeongguk just saw his shiny tail disappearing in the ocean. He had been swimming for about an hour now, so the angel expected him to be back in like thirty minutes. It was cute, taehyung always stayed in the water for exactly one and a half hour, by instincts. Almost like he didn't want jeongguk to wait for too long, even though they both knew that the younger didn't have to sit on the terrace. He still did it.

And at night taehyung also stayed sitting in that exact place, watching jeongguk fly over the ocean. Of course he was too far away to actually be seen, but taehyung still waited for him. Sometimes, when the night was especially pretty, they went out together, taehyung swimming and jeongguk flying, until they couldn’t see their house anymore.

These were the nights where they both felt like everything went exactly how it was supposed to go and it was perfect how it is right now.

And if they didn't go out, they stayed together in their living room, watching movies on the couch and eating everything left in their fridge until they fell asleep.

They had found their happy ending.

-

This is the ending of this book, I hope you enjoyed reading it and thank you to everyone who has read this.

Have a good day and bye bye!