7

"Look at that, he's back again", was the first thing jeongguk heard when he entered the basement again.

Yes.

He decided to go back there because after a lot of thinking he came to the conclusion that he would not be able to just leave the mermaid in this basement.

He would come back anyways, so he would just do it now.

But the greeting he got from the blue haired male made him regret his decision rather quickly.

"Don't talk to me like that. I will just go again."

He didn't point at the other with a gun this time, but he still had one in his back pocket.

Better safe than sorry.

When he finally found the mermaid in the darkness if the room, he nearly gagged at the sight.

"Ewww, what the fuck is this? It smells so disgusting." The angel wanted nothing more than to run out of the room again.

The mermaid looked up from the food can in his hand, holding a raw piece of meat in his hands while staring at the angel with big, judging eyes.

"Get me better food then. There are about fifteen cans left. I'd also rather want to eat something else."

Great, now jeongguk made the other angry again. He really should learn to think first before speaking up. To not worsen the situation he simply covered his nose with his hands and closed the door.

"Put that away, I can't stand it."

Rolling his eyes, the mermaid closed the food can again and put it under water to stop the smell from spreading.

"So, what do you want."

He didn't sound interested. What did he think jeongguk was going to do?

But the question made sense. Only if jeongguk knew the answer.

What did he want?

He didn't know.

"Where did you came from?"

Okay, that was a stupid question.

The mermaid seemed to think that, too.

"I fell from heaven.", he answered sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Jeongguk frowned.

That was where he came from.

The other didn't come from there for sure.

"Don't joke, I want to know. I've never seen a mermaid before."

"Well, I haven't seen you either. Where do you come from?"

Jeongguks eyes lit up. That was his moment. The moment he could finally give an answer he could tell seokjin about without his hyung calling him a disgrace.

"I fell from heaven.", he answered proudly.

What an amazing answer!

And he was even able to mock the bratty mermaid!

Nobody disrespects jeon jeongguk without paying for it!

Sadly, the blue haired didn't seem to get it.

"Don't copy me.", he said while swimming through the pool to get closer to the angel.

"I'm not! I really fell from heaven!"

Jeongguk felt insulted. What did the other think he was?

He looked at the mermaid again, that seemed to be in deep thinking.

"So you are a...?"

"An angel. Right."

Now the blue haired seemed to be confused.

"Where are your wings? Aren't angels supposed to have wings?"

Jeongguk was looking around for a place to sit, but when he saw all the dirt and the puddles he decided he would rather be standing.

"I have wings", he said, "but as you can see they are currently not here. And I will for sure not show them to you."

The mermaid now reached the edge of the pool just next to jeongguk. The wet blue hair was covering his eyes and the glowing tail close to the water surface.

It looked so pretty.

Jeongguk nearly thought there was glitter glued to it.

Not even the dirty water could cover the shine.

"But what is an angel without wings? Just call yourself a human then."

God, how jeongguk hated this sentence.

He was many things, but definitely not a human!

So he snapped back.

"Well, I heard mermaids are able to have legs, too. Why don't you just call yourself a human then.", he copied the blue haired.

Salty.

That's what he was.

"Or would you rather be a fish?"

Now, that was one insult the mermaid couldn't ignore.

Jeongguk couldn't even see the others reaction when the water splashed in his face.

Disgusting.

Everything was wet and dirty now.

He wishes he could throw something at the other, but there wasn't anything.

So jeongguk took his flashlight and threw it blindly at the mermaids direction before hastily leaving the room for the second time in just a few hours.

The last thing he was able to hear was the mermaid's screaming.

"I'm not a fish! I am taehyung! "

-

Omg its taehyung!!! Who would have thought? 😱
(I told you I like being dramatic ;) )