56

They met up in jeongguk's office room when almost all of their guests had already left. They were only waiting for a few people that still had to pay the jewelry they had claimed in the auction.

There was a knock on the door and without waiting for an answer from the inside, a tall man, dressed in black, probably in his fifties, entered the room. "Necklace, number 507, sold to me for 200.000$." He said, not even greeting. Behind jeongguk, jimin checked his lists. He had wrote everything down, every price and every person that bought something.

"That's wrong. Necklace 507 was sold to Mr Song, which is you, for 850.000$." He corrected the man in front of him, who just seemed to get very annoyed.

"Jeon, get your men under control. The Necklace isn't even worth half of that." Mr Song snapped.

"And still, you bought it for that price." Jeongguk stated, his gaze cold and piercing. The man in front of him laughed, ridiculously loud. "Sure did, but I won't pay you that much. You either give it to me for 200k or you keep it."

"It's gonna stay with me then." Jeongguk stood up and pointed to the door. "Our business is done." But Mr Song spoke up again, this time with a total change of the topic.

"Who even are those two!" He pointed at jin and taehyung. "They wanted to buy literally every second item and yet they didn't get a single one."

Taehyung felt how jin next to him took a sharp breath and went stiff. He also noticed the light panic in jeongguk's eyes, so without missing a breath, he took matters in his own hands.

"And that's exactly why we're here. To buy the pieces that men like you are not ready to pay their price for." He kept his eye contact and straightened his shoulders. It's all about confidence, fake it 'till you make it.

The man in front of them furrowed his eyebrows. "Who are you supposed to be? Blue hair and not even twenty-five. Jeon, what is this game you are playing?"

Jeongguk took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. "If you are not planning to buy the necklace you oh so much wanted, we are done here. Leave my office and do not disrespect my partners."

The man laughed again. "Just because you have some men under you command now, you think you can act like this? I know how you got your status, but don't forget who runs this business. Certainly not you, Jeon."

Now, jeongguk was getting angry.

"The best is on top, not the eldest."

"Have some respect, boy!" Mr Song's face went red in anger and he approached jeongguk with two quick steps. Before any of them could react, a loud slap echoed through the room. A hand mark was left on jeongguk's cheek.

"Suit yourself! Leave my property right now and you better don't ever come back." Jeongguk hissed at him, surprisingly composed. But the man still didn't seem impressed. "I could easily take over this little gang of yours, so don't act all superior!" He once again walked up closer to jeongguk, only this time he wasn't going to hit him with his palm but with his fist.

Bang

He did not reach him this time.

This time jin was standing behind jeongguk, a gun from jeongguk in his right hand. And a hole in Mr Song's forehead.

His lifeless body fell to the floor.

They all turned to jin in surprise, who just smirked. "Your welcome."

Surprisingly, jimin started laughing, going in for a high five with the eldest. "Man, you sure are something different! You just casually shot him!"

He was going to say more, but a knock on the door interrupted him.

"Come in!" Jeongguk reacted first. The dead body still to his feet. The door opened and another man they recognized from the auction earlier entered. His eyes went big for a moment, but he collected himself rather quickly.

"The collection of diamond rings, 413, sold to Lee for 2.500.000$. And I'm gonna take whatever he", he pointed at the corpse to his feet, "apparently didn't take for double the price."

The four of them looked at him rather smugly. That one was for sure a good customer. And the dead man in the middle of the room seemed to be very intimidating.

-

Okay, so we actually went from last chapter's not even 500 words to this chapter's 750 words which is still bad but I'm proud! Also, I finally went with the mafia concept which is in the title, but that's it. So we shot someone, now we can continue with crack and fluff maybe. Thus scene was never actually planned, I just asked Yang_Yang_Ehrenmann if I should kill someone while waiting at the doctor's and she said yes. Obviously. So here we are.

After I wrote my author's note, we are at 834 words