14

"The water seems a bit clearer than yesterday, don't you think so?" Jeongguk asked while looking at taehyung.

The mermaid nodded.

"It's better than before. But the buzzing sound is really annoying."

They had both eaten their sandwiches and were now cleaning the room for the second time, going for the details now.

It was still dirty but you couldn't compare it to how it looked before.

Actually taehyung was right about the noise. It got kinda annoying when you had to stay down there for a longer time, even though it wasn't that loud.

But the silence probably wasn't a better option either.

At least for the angel. He was pretty used to always having noises around him.

Jeongguk was cleaning the tiles on the walls while taehyung was up to his hips in the water, his tail lazily swinging around.

Honestly it looked a little weird because the blue haired was laying with his chest on the cold surface trying to scrub the dirt from the floor beneath him.

It wasn't like the angel didn't say that he could to the corners for taehyung.

He offered his help around half an hour ago because the mermaid's position looked really uncomfortable, but the other being stubborn didn't allow him to at least take over the corners.

He wanted to do it alone.

So they were once again working on different spots without talking to each other much.

But the water really looked a lot cleaner.

What ever seokjin did there yesterday, it seemed to work.

The only thing that still didn't work was the lightning. Jeongguk figured that the light on the ceiling probably had to be changed, because since the pool's mechanisms worked by now, the electricity should be available for the whole basement.

After a good more twenty minutes of working jeongguk finally spoke up again.

"I have to go upstairs again in a few. I have work to do, I didn't do anything in nearly two days." He placed his rug on the edge of his water bucket. "Maybe seokjin comes here later. I probably won't. Maybe tomorrow."

"You're working as a gang leader. What work would possibly have to do." Taehyung scoffed.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes.

"Everything. I do everything so that no one has to do anything."

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you even in this gang. You don't look like you need it."

"What do you think someone who needs it looks like?

"Not like you! Maybe like the old leader..."

Jeongguk sighed.

"The gang has money. I need money. Bam."

The other stayed quiet.

Jeongguk waited.

"So you just want the money? Are you planning to rob them or something?"

The angel pressed his lips together.

"You are planning to rob them?" The mermaid asked.

Jeongguk avoided eye contact with the blue haired.

But against his expectations he heard the other chuckling lowly.

"Ask me for help if you need some. I'd love to have a little revenge for this shit."

Finally the angel looked at taehyung again.

"I don't know what you want to help me with. But thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind."

With that jeongguk exited the basement, leaving a flashlight for taehyung behind.

He actually started liking the other now.

The mermaid wasn't as bad as he thought.

-

They're getting kinda cute

Let's see when I can upload again, I won't be home for a week now...