Part 45

DAY 3 - LADAKH

It was 6 am. #Unnav were sleeping peacefully when Manav felt something very hot beside him. He woke up. Her saw Unnati's face was red. He touched her forehead. It was burning.

Manav: Oh god isse toh bahot tez fever hai.

He tried waking her up but she gave no response as the fever was very high. He removed a small bag from his luggage in which he carries all medical stuffs. He then took out thermometer from it and checked Unnati's temperature. It was 103.5 degree.

Manav: Shit itna tez bhukhar.

He went towards the washroom and brough a bowl of water and removed ice from the minifridge kept in their room. He started putting cold water straps on her forehead. He was calling out for her but she was not in her senses. Seeing her like this made her more furious. He started sobbing.

Manav: Ye kya hogya? Kal tak toh sab thik hai but achanak fever. Unnsu please open your eyes. Please Unnsu. He was sobbing hard.

He then called Tanzeel.

On the call

Tanzu: Haan bhai badi jaldi uth gye aap.

Manav: Tanzeel quickly rush to my room. Quickly.

Tanzu: But bhai kya hua?

The call gets disconnected.

Tanzeel sensed tension in Manav's voice.

Ashii: Kya hua Tk? Kaun tha?

Tk: Manav bhai the. Jaldi uth kuch problem hai unhe.
He called Sanket and the four rushed to #Unnav's room. They saw Manav putting cold water patches on her forehead while she was unconscious. He was crying very hard. Aash ran towards the bed.

Aash: Kya hua Manav? 

Manav (crying): Pta nhi mai soke utha toh dekha she was burning. Maine fever check kiya toh it was 103.5.

Ashi: Itna tez fever?

They all got worried.

Sanku: Chalo hospital lekar chalein.

Aash: But I don't think abhi Unnati ko hospital le jaana safe rahega. She is way too weak.

Tk: Ruko mai doctor ko call karke baat karta hun.

Tk called the doctor and talked to him for a while. After disconnecting the call

Tk: Doctor ne bola ki fracture ke baad fever aana normal hai and jaise Unnsu ko fever tez hai toh unhone bhi yehi bola ki thande paani ki patti karte raho fever utar jayega and in case nhi utra after 2 hours then hospital lekar aao.

Manav: Abhi le chalte haina

Tk: Maine bola but unhone mana kardiya. Unhone same Aashna vaali baat boli ki uske hospital aane se infection catch karne ka risk bahot zyada high hai.

They sat near her while Manav kept on putting cold water patches on her forehead. Soon her temperature started decreasing and she started gaining consciousness.

Unns opened her eyes slowly: Manav?

Manav held her hand. He was still crying.

Manav: Yes baby. I am here. With this he kissed her hand.

Unns: My head is sp..spinning.

Manav: Because you're having fever.

Unns opened her eyes fully. She saw him crying.

Unns: Why..why are you crying?

Manav: How are you feeling now?

Unns: I don't know. Last what I remember is waking up. You were sleeping and my head spinned crazily and then maybe I fainted.