Lips

Beep Beep Beep

I rolled my eyes at the sound of the alarm. Though I was getting used to waking up at 4:00 a.m. that didn't mean it was suddenly easy, especially since today, I decided to wake up even earlier.

I caught a glimpse of the neon green symbols as I reached over to mute my alarm clock.

3:30.

My tired brain barely registered that the numbers were different from what I was used to seeing as I woke up, but it served as a reminder of today's plan.

Though I usually showered after Jaehyun and my training session, I wearily rose from the mattress and trudged straight into the shower.

It was actually quite nice having the hot water to fully wake me from my exhaustion.

I took my time going through my full shower routine, shaving my legs exfoliating my face, and lathering myself up with my favorite shower gel.

Once I got out of the shower, I blow-dried my hair and decided that I would take extra time to make sure my usual ponytail looked a little more well put together than usual.

Despite having gotten less sleep than normal, I didn't look as tired as I typically did before training. This was a good thing since wearing makeup to training would be hella suspicious.

I opened my closet and looked around. I already knew what I was going to wear; I just had to find it.

I spotted the light blue workout shirt in the corner of the closet floor. I picked it up and examined it for wrinkles. For something that had been bunched up on the floor for the past couple of days, it was surprisingly wrinkle free.

I pictured Jaehyun from the first night he and I had dinner with his Jessi.

"You should wear something blue. The color suits you."

I looked down and the shirt in my hand and smiled.

"The cards we were dealt, huh?"

<><><><>

"Good morning, darling."

Shit.

I looked up at Jaehyun in surprise. He was on time today and not only that, but he looked well rested too.

I tried to hide my disappointment with a smile.

Now it was Jaehyun's turn to be caught off guard.

"You know, you don't have to call me, darling, when there's no one else around." I greeted him.

Though my words were teasing, I made sure to erase them of any and all malice.

He laughed.

"Perhaps you're right."

He paused to take a more thorough look at me.

"What?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

Jaehyun's eyes, which were innocently taking in my appearance, quickly returned my stare and then fled my figure like children caught where they don't belong.

He cleared his throat.

"Nothing. You just look nice today."

Though Jaehyun was far from his usual teasing self, he was definitely in much better shape than he had been, which obviously put me at a disadvantage. Still, it seemed as though my plan was working.

I smiled.

"Thank you."

Jaehyun and I maintained eye contact for a brief moment until he broke away, clearing his throat once more.