Dream in a Dream

"I'm staying up,
I don't wanna come down from your love
We'll get lost together, let me flow
Don't ever let me come down from your love
From your love, from your love"

- Dream in a dream by Ten NCT/WAYV
☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

Trigger warning: Mentions of rape, along with other possible psychologically triggering events.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"God, what a terrible nightmare!" I say out loud as I rub the remaining sleep from my eyes.

I had found myself in my bed surrounded by a few of my stuffed animals. My head was pounding but when I looked over at my nightstand, no empty bottles of liquor were to be found.

I took a moment to collect myself after having such a realistic dream, then let out a loud sigh.

It's just like me to come up with such a wild fantasy.

There is no way that NCT would have any interest in the heartbreakers. I mean what type of thugs could possibly have an appreciation for queer art forms?

A laugh escapes my mouth as I get up to go shower, but before I am able to enter the bathroom, I am interrupted by a familiar sound.

"Kakao!"

I walk back over to the bed and search for my phone, finding it charging under my pillow.

"Crap!"

The message was from Wendy, we were supposed to meet up today.

Looking at the clock, I realize that I'm already an hour late.

Not even bothering to open Wendy's message, I struggling to put on clean pants and rush out the door.

Major Déjà vu

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

I must have been really dazed because next thing I know, Donghyuck was telling me about his troublesome boyfriend.

"He just gets in to too much trouble, you know? He's bi but I'm his first boyfriend and it's obvious that he's embarrassed about it. Last time we went out together, we ran into one of his coworkers and he started heavily flirting with the first girl he saw. I'm telling you Y/N, you have no idea what it is like to date someone in the closet."

"Yeah Hyuck, that sounds rough."

Donghyuck had told me about his boy troubles countless times before, always spouting the same stuff about how his boyfriend is sweet, caring and sensitive with him, but the very definition of toxic masculinity whenever he's with his friends.

I tried to focus on his story as much as I could, but my headache was almost unbearable.

Did I really not drink last night?

"I mean I haven't ever been in the closet. My parents knew I was gay the moment they caught me sneaking into my mother's closet to try on her heels when I was six."

I look at the watch on my wrist.

"Holy shit! I'm sorry Hyuckie, but I have to go!"

I sprint out the building's main entrance without even waiting a second for Hyuck's answer.

I knew my brain was foggy, but how could I have let myself get caught up in Hyuck's stories when I knew I was already running late.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️