Replay

"I can't move an inch, I'm still here
Afterimages of you dig into me like vibrations
At the end of the scene of longing
That always circles my head
I heard a familiar sound
This isn't a dream, right? no"

       -Replay by Nct 127 

🖤💚🖤🔗🖤💚🖤🔗🖤🔗🖤💚🖤🔗🖤💚

I had told them everything I could remember, sparing no details out of fear that any forgotten tidbits would result in the most dire of consequences. I was terrified of how they would react to my retelling of the events that night, but I figured that following their orders was my best chance of preventing any further mutilation. If I was going to be killed, I didn't want to give them any more reasons to make my death a painful one.

At first, speaking was difficult, but once the turkey sandwiches caused my blood sugar levels to stabilize, it got easier. I started my story by telling them about how I was in such a desperate state that night that I resorted to pick pocketing drunks in order to find cash for food. I told them about my failed attempt to steal from Lucas and about how he didn't turn me in after catching me. I explained how he bought me food and then offered me a place to spend the night, a chance to shower, and a fresh change of clothes.

Johnny and Winwin listened intently, only interrupting to specify small details or to ask me to go into more detail.

When I told them about the drinks, I chose to leave out the details about the drugging until I got to the part where I found out about it myself. I noticed how their eyes widened in interest as I finally got to the... climax of the story. When I recollected the moment when I first encountered the dead body, I went into precise detail about what style of dress she was wearing, the signs of obvious mutilation, and the features of her face that were still recognizable. Johnny had leaned over to whisper something incomprehensible into Winwin's ear. Winwin nodded in response.

The only event that I wasn't completely honest about was the actual act itself. I told them what happened, but I didn't tell them about Lucas' speech about how worthless I was or about how I lost control. Instead I told them that I only grabbed the baijiu bottle as a last attempt to save myself and that I only hit him with it until he ceased his attack. I told them that I hadn't meant to kill him, that it just happened.

I thought that I had ran out of tears, but I was mistaken. Tears began to make their way down my face as I told the two men about the single worst night of my life, at least it was up until last night.

I was surprised when Johnny offered me his handkerchief. Neither one of them seemed angry or upset. Instead, they seemed genuinely concerned about my wellbeing. They were probably the most sympathetic looks that I had received since arriving at that hell hole.

When I finally finished going over the last of the events from that night, Winwin asked if there was anything else I wanted to add.

I shook my head.

"No."

Johnny stopped the tape recorder with the press of a button and stood up off of the floor.

"You did great, Y/N," Winwin assured me in his most comforting voice as he too stood up.

"Now I'm sure the boss wouldn't like hearing me ask this, but is there anything else we can get you before we turn this in?"

I didn't know what to ask for.

Sensing my hesitance, Johnny spoke up again.

"Once we hand this over to the boss, I honestly don't know what will happen next. You might not get this offer again."