Boom

"The  dancing child with an innocent face
Now smiles and sets this track on fire, oh"

                                -Boom by NCT Dream

💚💚💚💚🖤🖤🖤🖤💚💚💚💚🖤🖤🖤🖤

"You don't believe her, do you, boss?" Doyoung asked as soon as the door to the basement was closed.

Jaehyun ignored his underling's inquiry as he walked through the kitchen and into the dining room.

Taeyong was sitting at the table. He had been waiting for them, or more like on standby incase anything happened.

"Call everyone down," Jaehyun ordered his second in command. "We're having another meeting."

💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤

After the meeting had been called and everyone had gathered around the dining room table, Jaehyun motioned for Yuta to go over what had happened during the interrogation.

Yuta explained the events in chronological order, making sure not to leave out any details except for those regarding his boss' small outburst. He quoted Y/N's answers almost word for word.

Everyone at the table listened intently to Yuta, not wanting to miss anything.

When Yuta came close to telling his colleagues about the bizarre claim their prisoner made, he looked to his boss. Jaehyun merely nodded, giving him the go ahead to continue on with his retelling of the previous events.

"She was freaking out and suddenly she claimed that she killed Lucas," Yuta announced.

Everyone in the room except Jaehyun, Doyoung, and Winwin gasped. Many of them started asking questions. For a brief few seconds, everything seemed chaotic. The men kept talking over each other, directing their questions towards their boss, towards each other or even towards themselves. Anyone who would have entered the room at that moment would have surely backed away slowly from the disorder.

"Shut up!" Jaehyun bellowed, causing all of his men to go silent.

Jaehyun looked back towards Yuta.

"Is there anything else you would like to add?"

Yuta nodded before continuing.

"I know that it seems like she was just saying that as a last-ditch effort to throw us off, but it felt different from that. It was like she was confessing it, not arguing it. She kept saying that she was sorry. Doyoung and I have done hundreds of interrogations over the years and it isn't uncommon for hostages to admit their actions when they know they're about to die."

"It's like a soldier's last confession," Doyoung added.

"Exactly. Not only that, but she seemed genuinely confused when we mentioned anything directly involving IU. It was like she thought we were interrogating her for something else entirely," Yuta finished.

Everyone at the table looked towards Jaehyun. His face was unreadable, like always and the fact that he remained silent didn't help either.

Taeyong was the only one brave enough to speak after having previously been told to shut up a few moments ago.

"What are your thoughts boss?"

Jaehyun looked up at the red-haired male and then stood up.

"We need more information before we can discuss the possibility that what she's claiming is true. While Yuta was presenting our findings, I haven't been able to find any ways that our interrogations methods up to this point could have guaranteed that she knew what we were interrogating her for. Of course, this is a normal interrogation tactic that allows the interrogators to trick the person into giving out details they might not have thought were important. I'm not sure what to think," he spoke as though he were organizing his own thoughts.