Blow My Mind

"A fantasy I take refuge in A mystery I lose myself in
A scene I get tired of looking at An awaken conscious A changing color
I hear a voice that says "Is it true that living without making mistakes is the right answer? "

More than having one boring answer
it's better to hold a thousand questions in your eyes
Because that is what shines the most in this world
So Blow My Mind"

                 -Blow My Mind by NCT 127

⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗

Trigger warning: There is a slap and hair pulling, but only for like three sentences. Mentions of violence.

"First question. How did you and Lucas meet?" Yuta asked.

I knew that I couldn't be honest if I wanted to get out of there alive. I couldn't let them know that I killed Lucas. Somehow convincing them that there was a mistake and they had the wrong person was my only option. I knew that if I said anything that they knew was untrue, that I would be screwed so I decided that telling them pieces of the truth, was my best route.

"At Kitchen Beat Bar," I answered.

Yuta looked a Doyoung and nodded.

So, they are testing me. I thought to myself.

"How long have you known him?" Yuta continued.

I didn't know how to answer. How long have I known him? I only met him once and now he's dead. And did he say have or had? No, he definitely said have. Are they testing if I know he's dead?

"Y/n?" Yuta noticed my perturbed face

Fuck, I have to give him an answer that doesn't let them know that I know he's dead. Well I did meet him three years ago so...

"Sorry, I was counting. I've known him for three years, but we only met once," I finally responded.

Yuta looked at me as if he was surprised by my answer.

"Do you remember the exact date you met him?"

"I remember that it was September, but no, I do not know the date,"

Yuta raised an eyebrow.

"September three years ago?" Yuta asked, seemingly more to himself than to me.

He looked at Doyoung.

"What was the nature of your relationship with Lucas?" Yuta continued questioning me.

I looked up at Yuta confused by the question.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Yuta looked at me and smirked.

"Well at first we thought you might have been in love with him, but your story so far suggests otherwise."

"In love with him?!" I can't help but cry out at the suggestion that I was in love with such a vile man. I realized that I had to be more careful with my answers. I couldn't just blurt out anything. I have to be smart with my answers.

Yuta's eyes widen along with his smirk as if he were amused by my answer.

"Interesting! And here I thought that he was your boyfriend. I mean it would have made sense since he gave you that necklace, but the fact that you met him around the time the incident occurred, it seems like you're telling the truth, princess."

Oh no. I'm an idiot. I just confirmed their suspicions with my answers. Now they know that I was with Lucas before he was killed. If they thought we were dating then maybe I would have been able to convince them I didn't kill him. I'm so stupid.