Punch

After leaving me to get dressed in my workout clothes, a simple t shirt and yoga pants, plus a royal blue hoodie that I found in the bag along with the others, Jeno guided me out into the hall way, taking the time to answer my questions along the way.

"What do you mean you're gonna train me?"

"I'm in charge of training all the insider staff so that they can double as bodyguards if need be. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

"I didn't mean why you were going to train me, I meant why are you going to train me?"

Jeno hesitated before answering.

"Don't you want to get stronger so you can feel safer?" He asked.

"I mean yeah, but will it be okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I still have cracked rib for starters and what if Jaehyun finds out?"

"I've trained people with worse injuries," Jeno reassured.

"And you don't need to worry about Jaehyun. He was the one who suggested it in the first place."

"What? Why?"

I stopped in my tracks. Jeno stopped shortly after turning around to meet my gaze.

"Y/N, I know you're probably more than a bit confused right now, but maybe don't look a gift horse in the mouth? I mean, nothing good can come out of questioning Jaehyun's motives. For now, just be happy that you'll have something to focus on for the next few days.

Jeno resumed his steps and so did I. For some reason, Jeno's words didn't lend me any comfort.

<><><><>

"Harder! Hit it harder!" Jeno yelled from behind the punching bag.

It had been three days since Jeno started training me and somehow each day seemed to get harder and harder. My muscles were sore, and my bones felt like they would turn to dust. This was the routine, wake up at 5:00, warm up for thirty minutes, cardio for twenty, weight training also for twenty, and then the next two hours would be dedicated to basic self-defense and hand to hand combat. Despite my body feeling like it was one day away from falling apart completely, it looked better than it had in days. My bruises were almost completely healed, and my face had basically returned back to normal. Breathing was still hard due to my slowly healing rib, but Jeno refused to let it hold me back as he constantly ordered me to hit harder, run faster, and lift heavier.

The kind and gentle Jeno I knew was long gone by the time training began, replaced by a mountain of pent up rage and aggression. It was no wonder how he was able to stay so unbothered despite working such a stressful job. As soon as he entered the gym, it was like he was releasing every ounce of anger he had built up over the course of his life, and damn there was a ton of it. If that wasn't enough to get over my crush on him, learning that he and Jaemin were dating threw the whole thing away.

I once asked Jaemin how he could stand to work out with Jeno when he was like this. His answer was surprising to say the least.

"I don't know. I kind of like it. He just looks so sexy when he's mad. Makes me think of all the dirty things I want him to do to me after we hit the showers."

The rest of my days continued like normal, at mealtime, I would head to the kitchen and eat with everyone at the dining room table. We couldn't sit at the kitchen table anymore since Taeyong, Taeil, and even Doyoung started to join us, but only because Yuta forced him to come along. The only members who didn't join us were Johnny, Winwin and Jaehyun. I found myself wanting to ask what was going on with Winwin and Johnny since I hadn't crossed paths with them since Jaehyun ordered them to stay glued to each other, but I couldn't muster up the courage. I found myself missing Winwin. Even though he wasn't the friendliest guy, there was something about him that felt comforting. For some reason I was beginning to find most of the members comforting to some extent even Doyoung's threats seemed humorous when paired with Yuta's sarcastic responses. I knew I should feel on guard with them, but after everything that's happened, it was nice to feel like I had friends.

Friends? Oh god. I better not be developing some weird form of Stockholme Syndrome.

"Hey! Stay focused!" Jeno commanded as he pushed the punching bag into me, knocking me down on the floor.

<><><><><>

Jaehyun chuckled softly as Y/N fell to the floor mat. He continued to watch through the two-way mirror as Jeno offered his hand to Y/N.

On the first day of their training, Jaehyun felt a strange urge to go see how things were going so he decided to take a break from his work to check in on their progress. At first, he only stayed for a few minutes, but today, he found himself losing track of time.

"She's lovely, isn't she?" An unexpected voice entered the room.

Jaehyun's subtle grin abandoned his face, replaced with an irritated scowl.

"I thought I told you I was too busy for any meetings today," He mouthed, refusing to turn towards the new presence.

"Oh, I can see that, alright," The voice taunted.

"How did you find me here?" Jaehyun coldly huffed.

"I just rung the bell and that younger member of yours let me in. Mark, was it? After that, I made my way to your office only to find that you weren't there. Luckily, I ran into one of your staff members, one with a particularly strange hair style I might add, and he suggested I look for you here."

After a moment of silence passed and it was clear that Jaehyun wasn't going to speak, the voice continued.

"I'm curious as to why you're allowing Jeno to train her in the first place," The voice sighed in as if it were suggesting something.

Jaehyun could hear the smirk in the other man's voice and it pissed him off to no end.

"Having her know basic defense might serve useful if Wayv decided to break their way in here or if we decided to use her for bait or something," He explained dismissively.

"Are you sure about that? Or are you perhaps feeling guil-"

Jaehyun finally looked at his unwanted guest.

"What do you want, Suho?"

Suho's playful smirk morphed into a frown that almost perfectly matched that of the younger man.

"We have things we need to discuss."