Good Thing

"Awaken this complex city

On the gray streets

Under the traffic light

Shake your shoulders familiarly

Faster, faster

The ringing on your fingertips (deeper, deeper)

I just want to feel good all night long"

-Good Thing by NCT 127

ㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁ

I ran out of the subway gripping on to my broken necklace and bags. When I had punched the stranger he fell back taking my necklace with him, breaking the clasp. The only thought in my mind was to get as far away from the subway exit as possible. It was my second year living in Seoul and I knew how things worked. The man could have had his dick out, but there was no way that the police would believe a foreigner over him.

After arriving at the venue, I greet the girls at the door and quickly find the bathroom to collect myself. My hair is sticking out of my ponytail and slicked with sweat to my face. I check to make sure I still had all my things, most importantly, the necklace.

I look down at the green emerald pendant. It was about a 3 centimeters long circle wrapped in a gold-plated setting, strung on a matching gold chain. Everything about the necklace was beautiful except for the broken clasp.

"Oh my god Y/N! You are so late."

I jump at the sudden voice.

"Sorry Snoopy"

It was Jungwoo. I hadn't noticed him come in despite the loud clacking of his heels.

"I guess it's no big deal. To be honest, I'm pretty sure that the Madam hasn't even noticed that you weren't here earlier. She was just going crazy backstage looking for her wig. You should have seen her. It was so funny."

Jungwoo started speaking in a high pitched voice trying to imitate the madam.

"Where's my hair? Where's my hair?"

We both start cracking up at the impersonation.

"Come one!" Jungwoo said as he grabbed my hand still laughing.

"You're the only one not even close to being done with makeup." He continued.

As he walked me out of the bathroom towards the dressing rooms, I examined his costume. He wore a long burgundy red velvet dress with long white sleeves. On his head he adorned a long brunette wig. It seemed to be a very cheap wig as it was already starting to knot into a rats nest. Overall it was a very modest outfit compared to the blue latex mini skirt with neon green tassel pasties he wore during our last show.

"What's your act tonight?" I asked.

"Wonho and I are doing a titanic theme tonight. You would know this if you actually came to last practice."

Jungwoo was one of the burlesque queens. There were many in the group as they made up almost half of the dancers. Since Ittaewon was filled with foreigners, the queer scene was thriving here and it really showed in our burlesque group.

"What happened to your necklace?"

"Oh I broke it on the subway." I replied hoping Jungwoo wouldn't inquire further.

Luckily for me, he doesn't.

"Want me to fix it for you?" He says as he examines the jewelry in my hands.

"It's just a broken clasp right?"

"You would fix it for me?" I ask as I hand the necklace to the feminine looking male.

"Yeah of course! My costume jewelry breaks all the time. Damn the heavy things. This should only take a few minute. I'll go get my tools."

Without another word, Jungwoo leaves me alone to get started on my makeup. Tonight I'm the final act, as per usual. Which means that my costume is the most extravagant. For my makeup I apply gold lipstick along with gold eyeliner, and glitter highlight. The theme of my act is, you guessed it, gold. Even my costume is brimming with gold detailing. All fake of course, but it is still dripping with elegance. I quickly wrap my hair into a hairnet and put on a white blonde wig.

I've been preforming for around a year now. I found the group through a friend who ended up leaving Korea. I quickly proved myself to be one of the best dancers in the group although some people like to focus on my lack of attendance despite the fact that my acts get the most praise of every show.

It's not that I think I'm better than my fellow dancers. It's just that I happen to do quite well for myself as a dancer. Through dancing alone, I've been able to pay for my apartment in Hongdae, pay off my school loans, and other debt. All while being able to afford a few luxuries.

I begin to take off my day clothes but am soon interrupted when a familiar face enters the dressing room.

The Madam.

ㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹㄹ

A/N: Okay so this is a shorter chapter because I can do whatever I want. So yeah this burlesque group is actually based off of a real burlesque group in Ittaewon, so if you think it isn't realistic...