Simon Says

"Simon says be cool Don't be such a fool..."

                             -Simon Says by NCT127
🖤🖤🖤🖤💚🖤🖤🖤🖤💚🖤🖤🖤🖤

Trigger warning: Mentions of abuse and violence, but no actual violence.  

The adrenaline rush was short lived, but my body was still shaking due to low blood sugar I was experiencing as a result.

I couldn't help but just lay on the floor thinking about how I got myself into this situation, and not like I had a choice in what position I was in.

What could I have possibly done to deserve this? Besides the obvious fact that I killed a gang leader, why was I put in that scenario in the first place? If this was punishment for trying to steal for survival, then God is an asshole. I might not have been the best person, but I wouldn't say that I was that bad either.

The pain was immense. I could barely see out of my left eye due to the swelling. I wondered what I looked like. I definitely had a black eye, if not two, but I imagined that I looked like a sorry sight.

I couldn't even cry. Despite lying on the ground for the past I don't know how many hours, I was more exhausted than I had ever been in my whole life. My mouth had a bitter metalic taste in it, probably from the blood. Breathing wasn't hard, which was good, but I kept coughing really hard. God, I was thirsty. So, fucking thirsty.

Suddenly, I hear a noise coming from the stairs.

Please be Winwin. I thought to myself, but after hearing the sound of several pairs of footsteps coming down the stairs, I knew that wasn't the case.

"Is our little kitten sleeping?"

My eyes widened in fear as I recognized the voice as the man who did this to me.

My breathing started becoming shallower and panicked. I thought of pretending to be asleep but that didn't work last time and I didn't want to piss him off any more than I already had.

I was facing away from the stairs, but I could see three shadows cast on the wall as three figure approached me.

"I asked you a question, Kitten. Don't make me repeat myself," the shadow snarled.

"I-I," I hesitated. I didn't know what to say but I didn't want the gang leader to view my fear as disrespect. Who knows what he would do to me if I pissed him off anymore?

Laughter was all I heard. He could sense my fear and it pleased him.

Despite feeling disgusted by his laughter at my paralyzed state, I felt a bit of relief knowing that my pathetic attempt at answering him didn't result in any sudden bashings.

My relief was short lived as I felt my body being hoisted up by unknown arms and thrown onto their shoulders. I didn't try to resist because I knew that would get me nothing. If anything, resisting them would lead to my seemingly fast approaching death, coming even sooner.

I thought that I could get through anything as long as I found a way to survive, but now I'm doubting myself.

Maybe death would be better than whatever fate had in store for me today.

As the person carrying me starts walking, I see that Jaehyun isn't the one carrying me since he and Yuta are whispering to each other in the middle of the room.

The person carrying me leans forward, throwing me down into one of the non-broken chairs in a harsh manner. I look up to see Doyoung smirking at me.

He reaches into his shirt pocket and takes out a small key. For a brief second, I think that he's going to free me from the chains that were digging into my hip bones, but he merely rearranged them so that I was chained to the chair.