Touch

I didn't allow myself to be relieved that it was him entering the room instead of one of the more violent members since he was still one of the men who had been holding me captive.

He looked around the room, quickly finding me, still silently staring at him.

He was holding a lunch tray with a bowl resting on top. I couldn't see what it at first but as he drew closer, that wasn't what I was most concerned about. I retreated from the man's approach by climbing onto the bed as he walked past me to set the tray on the vanity.

"How do you feel?"

Still foggy from having woken up, I passed on coming up with any form of a snarky response. Instead, I just looked at him.

"You slept for quite a long time, but I guess that makes sense since you weren't able to get much rest the night before."

He stayed standing, leaning slightly against the wall across from me. I stayed silent.

"I'm not gonna ask you if anything hurts, because I know that everything probably hurts right now, but I'd like you to answer some questions for me," Taeyong explained.

He stared at me expectantly.

"Nod your head if you understand."

I paused before nodding.

Taeyong's gaze lingered on me awkwardly before kneeling in front of the nightstand beside the bed.

I lifted my feet onto the bed out of instinct but either he didn't seem to notice or was purposely ignoring my jumpy antics.

"Do feel any dizziness?" Taeyong asked as he opened the nightstand drawer.

He took out a first aid kit before turning to me.

I shook my head.

"What about swelling?"

Again, I shook my head.

Taeyong continued to ask me a grocery list of questions regarding how I was feeling. I answered no to most of the questions by simply shaking my head but then he started asking things I couldn't answer silently.

"Where does it hut the most?"

"My ribs."

"Huh, how would you describe the pain?"

"It's aches when I inhale," I replied, downplaying the extent of which the pain was restricting my ability to breath comfortably.

"Okay, what else?"

"My head hurts."

Taeyong opened the first aid kit and brought out a small flashlight.

"And you said you weren't feeling any dizziness, right?"

I returned back to answering with subtle head nods.

"Keep your head still and follow the light with your eyes."

I did as Taeyong instructed as he performed a series of tests I hadn't gone through since I had participated in my middle school's sports team.

"No concussion, that's good. I was worried that you hit your head on the floor when the chair broke."

I frowned at the memory of Winwin using random sign language to explain that Jaehyun had basically destroyed the chair while I was in it.

"What else hurts?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. It would have been easier if he asked, what didn't hurt. I was too tired to make any effort to express my anger over the current situation and it wasn't like he didn't already know.

"Everything else just kind of aches."

"I see," Taeyong pondered.

"I'm gonna have to take a look at your rib so I nedd you to um..."

He seemed reluctant to finish his statement.

"Could you remove your shirt for me?"

I stared at him blankly.

"Uh, I can go grab you something to cover up with while I take a look at it- Uh, your rib, I mean."

I took in a shallow breath.

"No need," I replied, unbuttoning the pajama shirt.

"I assume you were the one who dressed me in these wine aunt pajamas in the first place. Am I wrong?"

Taeyong nodded sheepishly.

"Then it isn't anything you haven't seen before."

I let the top fall down my shoulders.

I scowled at Taeyong making it clear that I wasn't trying to act coy, I was just tired and didn't really care anymore, especially when it seemed like half of the members had seen me naked in one form or another.

"Which side does it hurt on?"

"This one."

I pointed to my left side.

Taeyong sat on the bed on the side of me I had referred to, the side opposite from the vanity. His hands hovered over my body as if asking permission to touch it. I looked him in the eye but made no expression of encouragement. Once he got the hint that I wasn't going to give him any other response, his hands met my skin.

I flinched at the sudden contact and I could feel the goosebumps as they began to dust my exposed skin. I hadn't been embarrassed before, but after being touched by his cold hands, a small shiver went up and down my spine. I began to feel self-conscious, worried that my hardened nipples would give him the wrong idea. I did my best to avoid his gaze by fixing my gaze onto the vanity, but instead was met with his reflection which seemed to be even more uncomfortable than I was, a light flush tinting his features.

"Sorry," He muttered as he continued to carefully feel around my ribs.

"Ah!" I cried as his hands found my injured rib.

He quickly withdrew his hands from my body.

"Are you okay?"

"Just peachy," I groaned through clenched teeth.

"I'm sorry but I'm going to have to push on it a bit to make sure it isn't digging into your lungs."

Just great.

I couldn't believe the situation I was in but here I was.

"Do what you have to do," I grumbled.

Taeyong's hands returned to my body. The injury was in the most awkward spot possible. Two inches to the left and his hands would have been touching my breast.

"Ah, ah!" I winced.

"Just a little longer... and done."

His hands instantly retreated from my body and were now raised in front of his chest like a contestant in a competitive cooking show whose time had just ran out and was required to cease any final touches he had been making to his dish.

Once he realized that he was doing, Taeyong lowered his hands and stood up from the bed.

"Uh, umm. Good news, it isn't broken, probably just cracked."

"Yay for me," I cheered in a monotonal voice.

"There isn't much that we can do for a crack rib. We just have to let it heal on its own. I can get you an inhaler to help with the breathing and prevent you from developing pneumonia, but that's pretty much it."