Whiplash

"Killing the knight, feeling the vibe
Give me the knife, cold on my mind
You know what I mean,
I like being alone
Except for when I play with you"

                      -Whiplash by NCT 127
♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

A/N: Ok we made it to 140 votes so as promised, here is an early update. 

<><><><><>

Jaehyun took his place, standing at the head of the table with Taeyong and Taeil at both his sides.

"Okay, now that everyone is here-"

"Not everyone," Both Taeil and Yuta say simultaneously.

"I'm here," Winwin announces as he walks into the room.

Yuta points to an empty chair next to him but is disappointed when Winwin walks past it to sit by Doyoung.

"And where have you been?" Jaehyun demands.

"I just finished attending to the hostage," Winwin responded coolly.

Jaehyun slams his hands on the table, causing a small flinch from Mark.

"And why on Earth were you treating her?"

"Jae. Calm down. I'm the one who gave him the order. You know that we need her alive," Tae put a hand on his boss' shoulder.

"I left her alive," Jaehyun mumbled under his breath.

"Barely," Taeyong turns to Taeil.

"Did you bring everything?"

"Yes. It is all here," Taeil answers.

"Then let's proceed," Taeyong commanded as he made his way to the empty chair beside Yuta.

"Boss? " Taeyong lifted an arm towards Jaehyun, inviting him to start the meeting.

Jaehyun let out a small sigh.

"Okay so you all know from the meeting yesterday morning that this... woman has to do with the death of IU," Jaehyun explained showing very little of the extreme sadness he felt inside.

"It is very important that you all take this mission seriously. Taeil here has prepared and organized the evidence surrounding the mission so I will let him inform you of the details and give a refresher on what we already know. Taeil?" Jaehyun sits down allowing Taeil to present the contents of his folder.

Taeil opens the folder and starts laying out photos on the table for his colleagues to see.

"The night of Ji-eun's, I mean IU's disappearance was on September 21, the same night as the King of hearts ball where we sealed and celebrated the peace treaty between NCT and Seventeen. The ball was supposed to be a peaceful event, but we implemented the same level of security as our previous events. All insider members from both gangs were present including IU, who willingly left the ball that night due to some texts she received on her personal phone."

Taeil pointed to the pictures on the table.

"These are screenshots of the messages we were able to recover from that night. As you can see, she received several messages that night from a number that was not listed in her contacts. We tracked the number, but unsurprisingly it belonged to a burner phone. The messages instructed UI to leave the ball through the underground escape route located in the library of this estate, and to meet them a few blocks down near the local park. We still do not know what compelled her to go meet this person, but based on the messages, we can infer that she sender was holding something against IU. The message informed IU that the person she would be meeting was a foreign woman with (Your hair length) (your hair color) and (your eye color) eyes, and about (your height) tall. After three nights of searching for IU, her body was delivered to the front of this very house. Her body was sealed in a box with a note attached. The body was greatly mutilated and she was only dressed in her underwear, but there was no evidence of sexual assault. That night, all of the cameras monitoring the estate had somehow been hacked, so we have no footage of the drop off. We still have no idea how we were hacked, but everything has since been upgraded to prevent further hacking."