𝑂𝑛𝑒-𝐻𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑-𝑎𝑛𝑑-𝑇𝑒𝑛

August 26th, 2020
Doctors Office
Giorgia managed to schedule a next day appointment with her doctor. She took herself as to not alert anybody else to whats going on. She's almost 100% sure it was a false positive, but that still means that she has something going on to cause her period to be so late and that supposed false positive.

Doctor- okay, so good news. You're not pregnant and there appears to be nothing wrong with you.

Giorgia- thats good but whats going on then?

Doctor- well, as I was waiting for the results back I decided to take another look at your chart. I see that you just started taking zoloft for depression and xanax for anxiety?

Giorgia- yeah, a couple weeks ago

Doctor- you take both of them once a day, no more and no less, correct?

Giorgia- yeah, my boyfriend actually monitors it. Hes worried about the xanax since it can be addictive and he's worried about me having access to that many pills. He hid the bottles from me and just leaves out a weeks worth of it at a time.

Doctor- that's adorable that he cares so much...

Giorgia- I know, he can be a little over protective at times but if I tell him to back off a little he does.

Doctor- thats good, thats good. But anyways, my point I was going to make is that zoloft has been known to throw off some girl's menstrual cycles and xanax can occasionally cause a false positive pregnancy test.

Giorgia- ohh okay... well if my period isn't necessarily gonna be on schedule how would I know if I actually am pregnant... like what do I look out for?

Doctor- I mean it depends on how sexually active you are and how concerned about it you are. Obviously look out for other symptoms like morning sickness, swollen or tender breasts, mood swings, frequent urination, etc. I also know some women who are very active and concerned take frequent tests. Timeline varies between every week to every two months. My recommendation if you decide to frequently test yourself is once or twice a month, you'd catch it early enough that all of your options are still available.

Giorgia- i'm not even 19 yet and I have a lot of dreams career wise... if I were to get pregnant what would you recommend

Doctor- oh hunny I'm sorry but that's completely up to you. If you want advice you could ask your boyfriend or a trusted friend or family member. I don't know you well enough to give you advice on that. If you ever want more information on the different options and what they entail then I can help you with that.

Giorgia- right... okay. Yeah, thank you.

She smiled at the doctor as she finished up the paperwork and let Giorgia go. While driving home Giorgia got a text from Jaden. As she pulled up to a red light she peaked down at the message on her phone.