2

I wake up at five when my alarm rings and decided to read through everything Jill had sent me last night. The player profiles were lacking, to say the least, it carried the bare minimum maybe. It covered favored positions, Dominant foot, club history, number of caps, number of goals, pass percentages, and basic injury report. It's like she didn't even try.

I was pissed, to say the least as I go to call Jill and ask a couple more questions on a few players so I can make a mock roster and then adjust as the camp goes on. Once opening my email to email Jill back .I see the copious amounts of notification my normally 'dry' phone holds.

I swipe down skimming over the number of emails I've received not from my clients but from news outlets, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, and every other three-letter news organization.

Once getting past them I see a text from my family if you could even call them that. All telling them how proud they are of me and inviting me to numerous family events in the near future. I don't even waste my time responding to them as I scroll to my social media that has somehow blown up overnight.  My mind is moving so fast that I make the decision to just shut it off and worry about it later to stop the panic attack that is slowly creeping up on me.

I look at the blackbody of the alarm clock sitting in my dresser to see the time was 5 past 6. I decide to just get up and get ready since my kids will be up soon. I shower quickly and brush my overgrown hair. I normally kept it short but after the divorcee and then the court case, and the custody hearings, taking care of something as small as my hair didn't seem like a necessity. I brush my teeth before getting dressed in Adidas shorts and my old high school soccer t-shirt.

I walk towards the kitchen to brew myself some coffee. While waiting for the coffee to finish I start going through my emails. I respond to the news organizations first since it will be the easiest. I copy and paste my reply to all of them. ' I'm sorry to turn down your offer but since taking over the national team my schedule is booked I'm sorry that we can't work something out but thank you for extending the offer and hopefully we can talk in the future. sincerely Bryn Woodley.' After that whole disaster is out of the way I start looking through the staff's emails most just sending me what they have been doing thus far and if I want to make any changes I only change a couple of small things. As I send the last message Ansley walks into the kitchen. "Momma I'm late for school!" She says pointedly but definitely not mad about it.

"I know baby but something came up in my life and we are going to colorado for the next couple of months."

"Wait really!" She exclaims since she's barely been out of our town much less the state.

"Yeah, you remember my friend Mrs.Ellis?"

"Yeah, the one with the wife who you used to talk with?"

"Yeah that one well she coaches the women national team and since she had a family emergency she had asked me to take over for her."

"Oh My Gosh! I love you momma. . . " after a pause, her enthusiasm starts to die down "Wait are me and brett going with you?"

"Yes, baby I clearly said that if you weren't allowed to go with me then I wouldn't go."

"Do I need to pack?"

"Yes today we will pack and we fly out later tonight."

"What about school?"

"We have talked to your school and you will be doing an online academy since this tournament extends past the deadline of your school and they are going to have you do a form of the state test. Is that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine Momma,"  she states before hugging my hips even though she was 12 she was only 4'9 but her mom wasn't tall and neither was her dad.

"Well I'm going to go pack." she spins on her heel about to run back to her room.

"Wait. Don't you want breakfast?"

"Right now I'm too excited to eat."

"Fair enough. Is your brother up?"

"Yeah, I can tell him to pack if you want?"

"Let me make a list so he has everything he needs and then I'll send you in there so you both can make sure you have everything," I say pulling out a sticky note from the junk drawer. I write down the basics like enough underwear, clothes, a bathing suit, a 'nice' shirt, and hygiene stuff.

I hand Ansley the note as she takes off in the other direction. I only chuckle before pouring myself the finished coffee and walking into my room to start the long process of packing and knocking out the laundry that had been desperately waiting to be done. I get everything packed except for everything that is in the wash but I account for it. I clean out all the perishables from my fridge since they will go bad by the time we get back and I don't want to come back to a house that smells of rotting beef and spoiled milk. 

once the laundry is done I pack the rest into my suitcase and put the two bags of mine by the door as well as a carry on that carried my workout gear, cleats, spare studs, shin pads, shorts, compression shorts, compression shirts, stringers, whistle, stopwatch, and my cards (red and yellow). After all, is accounted for I see that we only have about 3 hours before we take off so we will leave in an hour then we will sit on the plane for 9 hours before arriving in Denver.

"ONE-HOUR WARNING!" I shout so my kids understand how much time we have and that if they are missing something to speak up now. In the meantime, I respond to my family members since they will be by far the worse. I put them all into a group chat so I don't have to keep texting each one individually. ' I'm sorry I will not be present at the events you have invited me to after coming out to you all when I was 17 you made it abundantly clear that I would never be welcome in your house and then when word spread about my engagement to Stefanie your distaste seemed to grow. Even going to the lengths of threatening my ex-wife. All because she was older than me by 12 years I was an adult. But when I sought help all I was met with was discouragement and even threats to both my physical and mental safety. So no I will not be making the 4th of July or any other event as I haven't felt safe in that home since I was 17 just because I was named to a new better job does not mean I forgot what you all have done to me so Please lose this number and never contact me again.' I send the message. I feel as if a weight has been lifted I had never really told anyone about my family I just that we went our separate ways but never into detail and since we ended so suddenly I never got closure.

My timer goes off alerting me back to reality. The hour has passed and we have to get into the car. "KIDS COME ON LET'S GO!" I shout making my way to the front door. The funny thing was when I went to look up I saw both of my kids at the front door with their bags packed. I just nod as we get into my old 2004 chevy colorado. It wasn't great especially with the limited cab seating with only three seats. It was all we had after Stefanie's Tahoe was impounded and needed so much work that I just told them to junk it.

---

we get to Greensboro and somehow get through security with little to no issues except for the metal in my spine between my L1 and L5 or in my lower back after an accident. So I got patted down that was fun for the most part, also please note my sarcasm having a random man touch you in front of your children is not fun and I do not recommend it.

We somehow make it to our boarding zone and wait for the flight to be called. Both of my kids are tired but I think they burnt through all their energy with their excitement.

After about 20 minutes we are called to board so we find our seats and sit. Both of the kids are out not even 5 minutes into boarding the plane even though they wanted to see the plane fly.

===

next chapter is up and yeah I read a couple of people on Tumblr talking about how Jill has no care for her successor as she has only developed a couple of forwards but even then Pia really developed them in the first place.