28

Nearing breakfast I decided to head back to the hotel so I could shower. I don't think it would be a good look to show up to my job smelling as if I smoked a pack.

Arriving at the hotel I shower quickly and change into jeans and a black button up as today was going to be player progress reports. Or in lame men's terms a bunch of number that no one will remember after the meeting.

I slip on my shoes and head to the meal room. I greet my kids first before making a plate. "Hey guys I'm sorry I couldn't make it last night how was Mrs Rampone?"

"She was fine momma." Brett answers while Ansley just nods.

I always feel bad when I have to shuttle my kids around. Who knew taking this job was going to be such a time crunch.

"That's good. How about tonight I make it up to you?"

"Can we just watch a movie?" Ansley pipes up.

"Sure baby." I respond. "I'm gonna go grab some grub."

"Okay." They both respond in unison. I just nod and make my plate. Before I can make it back to my table Carli waves me over.

I walk towards her. "Hey I just wanted to ask what the time cards were about that you handed out at dinner last night?"

"Oh umm they are your times for your progress reports."

"Okay." She answered sounding a little weary.

"I know we normally do these in January but since I've stepped in and have changed most of y'all diet and workout plans we are doing them since we are nearing the one month mark."

"Okay thanks."

"Yeah no problem." I respond walking back to my table. Ansley and I start talking  about softball. The kids got an arm. She likes soccer and all but her mind is set on softball.

"Momma I wanna be a pitcher."

"Okay." I say knowing that whatever she does she'll be great at it or won't stop until she is.

"Wait you don't want me to be a catcher like you?"

"I think a great catcher makes a pitcher but catching has destroyed my knees. But I know that whatever you do you'll be great at it. If you want help I can teach you."

"Seriously?"

"Did you bring your glove?"

"You know I did."

"Well then on our next off day I'll take Brett to the batting cages and while he's hitting about I can help you work on your arm and then we'll switch halfway through. How does that sound?"

"I'm okay with that. But are not even a little mad that I don't want to play soccer?"

"Oh gosh no. Look Ansley and this goes for you too Brett. No matter what you do. I could never be disappointed in you. I'm your momma I will always love you."

"Even if I have green hair?" Brett asks.

"If you want green hair then I'll take you to dye your hair. Just know that if you decide you don't like it after you get it done you have to live with it until it grows out. But if you want green hair I'll make it happen."

"Really momma?" His voice raising an octave due to excitement

"Yeah buddy if you want it done after training tomorrow I'll take you to dye it. How does that sound?"

"So awesome."

"Then consider it done." I say opening my phone to put it in my calendar.

We finish eating before heading back up to the room. I put on a tie and better looking shoes before making sure I have everything and heading down to the conference room. My first meeting was with Alyssa. I was going by previous assigned numbers since that seemed easiest.

——-
(I'm skipping to the next day since fuck all those numbers. I didn't want to have to find a sheet of paper to write them all down on. Sue me.)

Me and Kelley went to the gym this morning and damn. Like I knew she was fit and all but like shit. She was tossing around big boy weight like it was nothin. I even had to pick my jaw off the floor a couple times. She might be tiny but she sure is mighty.

Breakfast was the usually today would be more focused on positional training. And not their normal positions everyone besides the keepers would be in a new position. The defenders became forwards the middies became defenders and the strikers went to midfield.

I wanted to test out some "wacky" lineups that would throw out opponents for a loop. Yeah you've been defended by KO but have you ever tried to defend KO. I'll take that as a no.

It was fun. Shit got crazy. So crazy in the fact that I came up with a plan if we had no subs and let's say our GK got a red card.

Kelley can do a lot of things goal keeper is not one of their things. Not because she was bad per say but a little too aggressive to the point where then we would have two "goal keepers" out on reds. Pinoe was scared she would get hit in the face.

Sam sweet ol' panic petunia was so afraid she would hurt somebody she became useless in goal. Julie was a beast. I think she might've taken lessons with Hope or something. Carli was decent, I would still want her taking shots rather then saving them but as a sort of last resort kinda thing she would do Alright.

Most of the Gals just weren't aggressive enough. But by the end of practice I knew Julie, Kristie, Lindsey, and surprisingly Becky were my front runners. Well I guess Becky wasn't surprising as much as the other girls since she was in a committed relationship with the #1.

I congratulated all the girls before they loaded on the bus I stayed off the bus since me and Ansley were taking Brett to dye his hair. He had been talking about wanting to dye his hair forever.

Ansley was coming because I promised ice cream. We get to the salon and meet with the stylist I had previously contacted. Anna the cosmetologist runs me through what she was going to be doing as I nod along. I give her the all clear as me and Ansley sit in the lobby as Anna works her magic.

After who knows how long Brett comes out form behind the wall with Anna trialing him. The green looked good on him, or it might've been the smile but who cares.

I pay Anna and leave a tip before joining my kids and getting in the car. "So how does it look buddy?"

"Amazing." He says in a sing songy tone.

"Well it looks good." I say as I maneuver through the streets towards the ice cream place we had stopped at after our mini golf outing.

We get our desired flavors before driving back to the hotel. The kids actually ate ice cream like normal human beings rather then horses. Leaving no mess for me to clean up.

We get back in time for lunch and head right to the meal room. "You ready to show the team your hair buddy?"

"Yeah momma." He says excited.

We walk in to the almost filled meal room and talk stops. I see Brett almost panic until Ali walks up to him and starts talking about his hair.

He visibly relaxes and continues to talk animatedly to the veteran defender. Ali soon ends the conversation allowing the three of us to make food. On the way back to our table all the players stick out their hand for Brett to high five making him even more excited if that was even possible.

========

Short update mostly because fuck it. Umm yeah the GK sub thing came for the OL reign game where Bouhaddi got a red. And then I looked into it more to the 1995 game where Mia Hamm had to step in for Scurry I think. So yeah fuck it.

Also updates are gonna be slowed for a while. I was on a good streak of updating once or twice a night for a good while and then something came up to interrupt those plans so I'm sorry for the delay. And I'm ranting so have a good whatever time of day you're reading this. You know stay safe don't get your self killed and yeah the basics.