46

One week later

The scans were inconclusive as to why my back was flaring up. My doctor blamed it on my weightlifting "habit" as he called it.

So I've just been taking a few preventative measures such as tapering it and wearing a back brace if I know I will be sitting for an extended period of time.

The team was coming together well and with the news of my signing wake forest has had one of its best draft classes this year. Last year we lost a lot of seniors and juniors to either rivaling programs, graduation, and some just decided to focus on their major rather then being a student athlete. The girls were excited to work with me, and allowed me to implement all of my ideas.

Working with my staff was great. It was more laid back, and calm unlike the national teams staff who have to cram everything in one to two weeks.

The only thing I wasn't looking forward to was the 2 and sometimes 3 practices a day. No. Defiantly not. But if it meant bringing home a title and finally defeated our neighboring rivals, the tar heels then dammit I will run us through 8 practices a day.

With the news of my signing I and the school have also noticed a increase in media coverage and hype in their women's soccer program.  We got a new keeper from a diffrent program who has transferred this year. Her names Katie Meyers, she's coming from Stanford. She had an issue with her playing time being cut due to there abundance of goal keepers. Which like subtle flex but ok. We gladly accept her.

I was running two a days with them on everyday but Wednesday and Sunday to allow them to prep for their classes and to recover. All we had been running this far is conditioning drill and a few basic positioning drills to get ready for the season and if I would change anyone's position.

These girls were like sponges soaking up everything I had ever said. Me and the kids have only grown closer since Tobin left. I would be lying if I said I didn't care that Tobin and Christen were sharing an apartment in Manchester together.

But it wasn't my place to say anything so I swallowed my doubt and played the supportive girlfriend role. I try to push the thoughts away as I do desperately try to remind myself that Tobin isn't Stef.

Today I was told that the NCAA woso season would be push back due to new rulings in the college athletic guidelines that weren't clear to begin with.

I was had planned to travel to Manchester and surprise Tobin as she had done me just a week prior. The North Carolina girls agreed to watch the kids since they were only about an hour from where I lived.

The kids were excited to hang out with the girls since I've only really talked to Kelley and Tobin. My athletes were surprised when I told them I would be missing the last week of preseason. They do trust and believe in my coaching staff as they will follow my instruction to the fullest and if they don't they will go on probation.

College athletics was a whole new world as you have tot balance everything between class schedules and certain majors carry stricter or lesser requirements then others. The only time I could have my players together every single day would be any time before 8 which was the earliest class wake offered and anytime after 6:30 which was the latest lecture the university offered.

I do have to say though the Wake Forest kits are sick. Black and gold look good with the Nike sponsorship. Mostly because I don't have to wear a certain thing on the sidelines. So if I wanted too I could wear a suit or a stringer and shorts.

The one thing that stood out the most about these girls was not their athleticism but their smarts and their ability to adapt. Wake is considered one of the top academic colleges in NC as well as among D1 colleges outside of the Ivy League. So their smarts mixed with my soccer IQ created a deadly combo.

Film sessions were longer as we talked about every possible action and reaction. From what I've seen we have a true shot at the natty and I would be damned if we didn't at least make it to qualifiers.

I finish up my workout plan for the rest of the week as I double check my flight information. I leave in 4 days but Sam and Abby picked up Brett and Ansley this morning.

The house was empty causing me to plan way ahead. I have worked out everything for the week I'm gone as well as stuff for the next two days.

=====
I'm speeding this bitch up since I'm very rapidly losing my love for this book. I hope to comeback and re-edit it after I complete it.

Also next chapter goes up when this chapter hits 25 votes.