24

Inside my room I strip and get dressed into sweats before icing my knee and getting comfy. "What movie do you all wanna watch?"

"Frozen." Brett says while Ansley asks for Moana.

I stop the fight that might ensue. "How about we watch Frozen tonight and then Moana tomorrow?"

"Ok." They respond as I connect my laptop to the TV and stream the children's movie.

To be honest I fucking hate frozen and musicals mostly because why does the main character feel the need to break out in song every 5 minutes. Like shit the fuck bitch and save your kingdom.

By the time the credits are rolling both kids are knocked out. I check my phone one last time before bed only to find that Ohara had texted me about 3 minutes earlier.

I text her back to meet me in the conference room so we could fully discuss what she needed to without the chance of some one overhearing.

Kelley gets down their faster then I do and waits by the door. I arrive a little while later and unlock the door before we both take our seats.

"Sorry I didn't read your text when you Sent it. My phone was on do not disturb."

"It's fine. Umm I just wanted to tell you that I told Becky. She was truly belived me and even offered to sic her brothers on Alexis."

"Well that's good. Tommorow I had already planned to switch up the room assignments so you'll be put with Becky as long as you still want to room with her?"

"I'm fine with rooming with anyone at this point since now I k so that at least a player on the team knows what's going on."

"Okay well for the first week of you getting sober you will be roomed with Becky since I trust her to limit you."

"Umm I actually haven't told her about my addiction?"

"Okay."

"Wait your not mad at me?"

"No. Hell no! I had the hardest time telling my family once I got sober. I would never rush you into something like this. If you want I can talk her down here and we can talk about everything with her or you tell her on your own terms. Whatever you choose I will stand by you 100%."

"I don't think I can tell her on my own so can you call her down and just get this over with."

"Hey Kelley this whole thing will go by your own terms. I don't care if it takes 2 months to tell her. If you really want to do this then I'll call her but if you feel you need more time, then more time is what you'll get."

"Thank you. But can you call Becky down here."

"Yeah no problem." I say taking my phone out of my pocket and pulling up Becky's contact. The phone rims twice before she picks up.

"Hey Bryn What can I help you with?"

"I was wondering if you could come down to conference room5 on he second floor. I have something I need to discuss with you."

"Nothing serious I hope?"

"Nothing regarding your spot on the team or anything like that."

"Okay I'll be down in 5."

"See you then." She hangs up.

Kelley is almost shaking in her seat. "Hey Kelley come on let's breathe. Becky is one of the most responsible and caring people I've met. No need to freak yourself out over nothing. Let's just breathe. You have about 5 minutes to prepare yourself and if you need more time then I'll hold her off until you're ready, how does that sound?"

"Okay thank you." We sit in silence for the rest of the time as Kelley focuses on calming her breathing. Becky's knock breaks the silence.

"Do you feel you are ready or do you need another minute?"

"I'm good."

"Okay." I stayed as I get up and walk to the door. I open and let Becky in. She takes a mental note of Kelley. You could see the suspicion on her face as to why Kelley and I were talking at almost 10.

"Please Becky take a seat." I say pointing to the open seat next to Kelley.

"Okay But May I ask what is going on?"

"You may. Kelley wants to talk to you about something and had come to me to help facilitate it."

"Okay." Becky offers up before talking Kelley's shaking hand. She takes in Kelley's anxious state. "Look Kelley no matter what I have your back. Nothing you could say will change that." She offers up 100 percent serious.

Kelley takes a couple breathes to stabilize herself before speaking. "So you know how I told you about Alexis?"

Becky nods but stays silent allowing Kelley to continue when she feels ready. "Well um after everything happened I tried to tell my family and some of the girls but all of them made excuses for her and some even blamed me for being a bad girlfriend. I-umm I kinda started drinking. And not like a little but a lot. And I kinda sorta want to get sober but I don't know if I can be responsible enough to monitor myself."

Becky wordlessly pulls Kelley into her and allows her to cry while stroking her back and telling her everything would be okay. "Do you want me to monitor you Kelley?"

Kelley only nods. "Hey Kelley can you please use your words?"

Kelley nods again before speaking. "Can you please monitor me?"

"I will. Do you feel comfortable with me telling Alyssa?"

"Can you please just keep it between you two though. I trust Alyssa but most of the girls don't believe me." She stress brokenly.

"Okay honey. What do you need me to monitor?"

Kelley tries to speak but falls continuously causing her to point to me.

Becky looks at me with a questioning gaze. "Me and Kelley talked earlier. I was going to have her slowly ease of the alcohol but she told me that she just wanted to kick the habit as quickly as possible. So I reckon she wants you to make sure she doesn't slip up. And to comfort her when her cravings quick in. If you ever need and help with any of that or how to clam her down please contact me and I will take care of it."

"I'll keep that in mind. Is that all?"

"For me yes. If Kelley wants to tell her more she can but I think everything has been worked out. Kelley is there anything else you need to say?"

"No. I just wanna sleep."

Becky looks at me for my next move. "You all are dismissed. Please contact me if you need anything." I leave the room after the two defenders do. I catch the next elevator giving them some time to talk by themselves. Arriving back in my room I can feel the craving kick in.

Talking about my addiction always made me want to relapse. I want to go to the gym but I don't think my knee can take it. It hurts to just stand on it much less carry heavy weight even if it was just too and from the rack to the bench.

I'm craving a release from my mind wether it was alcohol, drugs, or even pain. I just had to quiet the stupid thing.

I decide to just write. If I can't get the damn thing to stop I might as well work it until it's too tired to think. And so I did.

I might've been running on about 2 hours sleep but I got up and dressed for the morning.
====
A bonus chapter cuz why the fuck not am I right. Also great soccer last week. Especially the diving header from Groom. Even though it was an own goal I still think it should be goal of the week.