6

Me and my kids head down to the lobby so I could meet the girls who were arriving. The first flight to land was the Utah girls; Becky, Kelley, Christen. When the three girls walk into the lobby I walk towards them. "Good Morning. I'm Bryn Woodly your new head coach." I offer my hand for them to shake. Becky shakes my hand first before the other two follow.

I pull out the Keycards from my back pocket with their names written on the front of the sleeve they were placed in. "Christen Press you will be rooming with Mallory Pugh in room 502 on the fifth floor, Don't worry about who you are rooming with because it will change every 2 weeks. I will also be emailing you the schedule for this week" She nods as I hand her, her key card.

"Rebecca Sauerbrunn you will be rooming with Tierna Davidson in room 504 on the fifth floor. Same as for Christen Check your email for the details for the rest of the week." She thanks me as she takes her key card from my hand and walks towards the loading bay of the elevator.

"Kelley O'Hara you will be rooming wi-" I don't get to finish my sentence as Brett runs towards me and tugs on my pants.

"Momma someone hit Ley!" He says while pointing to my daughter who seemed to be engaged in a heated conversation with an older woman.

"Okay buddy, Sorry Mrs.O'hara give me a moment." She nods as I briskly walk towards the older woman who is sternly talking to my daughter. I walk up behind the woman and put my hand on her shoulder. "excuse me ma'am is there an issue?" I question in a stern tone.

"Not that concerns you!" She spits back.

"Ma'am she is my daughter, if you have a problem with her I need you to talk to me instead of her. So what is your issue with my daughter?" I try to stay respectful but I'm over her already.

"She made me spill my coffee!" She exclaims while pointing to the small puddle of coffee next to the chair my kids were sitting in.

"How did she make you spill your coffee?"

"She scared me! Get your children's under control!"

"Ma'am I will be happy to buy you a new coffee but do not tell me how to parent MY children!" I retort over her bitchiness who the fuck tells a parent how to handle them.

"Whatever I'll take another coffee." I grab my wallet from my back pocket and open it

"How much was your coffee?"

"$10"

I knew she was scamming me but whatever it took to get her away from my kids the quickest. I pull the 10 dollar bill from my wallet and her the bill. Once she leaves I walk up to a woman at the front desk and ask her for some paper towels to clean up the small spill. She hands me a couple of paper towels. I thank her before cleaning it up and throwing the dirty towels away.

"Ansley I will speak to you later but I need to finish my meeting." She nods as I walk back over to Kelley. "I'm so sorry about that."

"It's no problem what are their names?"

"The younger one is Brett and the older one is Ansley."

"Cute kids."

"Thanks. But you will be with Carli in room 503 on the fifth floor check your email and we will meet later." Is all I say as she takes her keycard and meets up with the other two players.

After the Utah players have been handed their room assignments I don't have enough time to grab food with my kids as the Chicago girls will arrive in 30 minutes I just decide to grab a sandwich from the Starbucks located inside the hotel and grab something for both of my kids.

After we all get out food we sit down at one of the tables so I can discuss the earlier situation with both of the kids. "Ansley, what happened with that woman?" I question with my tone light so she doesn't think I'm accusing her of anything.

"Me and Brett we're playing the snake game on my phone and when I died I might've raised my voice which scared her." She looks down at the table in front of her at her revelation.

I notice her gaze and take action before she starts crying. "Hey Ley it's okay I just wanted to make sure that nothing truly happened. And it happens you know how loud I get when me and uncle Matt get together and play Madden."

Both the kids laugh at the many memories of me and my best friend, Matthew Weaver playing video games on Saturdays when he used to live in Winston.

I check my watch again and see that girls should be arriving in 5 minutes. "Do you all want to go up to the room or stay down here and wait for me to finish up?"

"We'll stay down here, the room is boring without you." Brett reveals while playing with his sleeves.

"How about this buddy after all the girls get here and before dinner we can go kick around a ball at the field?" I offer as both of my kids love the simplistic sport.

"Yay!" Brett cheers from his spot across from me.

"Hey, I need to go wash up before my next meeting, let's go to the washroom." They both nod wordlessly and walk towards the bathroom. I enter the women's restroom with Ansley as Brett goes into the men's room. I wash my hands and face. After me and Ansley finish in the restroom we walk out to meet Brett waiting for us. I show them to their previous seats as the Chicago girls arrive. "I'll be right back."

I walk up to the 4 women and hold out my hand for them to shake it."Hello, welcome to Camp I am Bryn Woodly your new head coach." Alyssa shakes my hands as the other 3 look at me skeptically. " I'll make this short. Alyssa, you're with Ashlyn in room 510 on the fifth floor, Tierna you're with Rebecca in room 504, Julie you are with Abby in room 513, Morgan you are with Samantha in room 514. Check your email for the schedule of this week." They all thank me after I give them their key card.

As I walk towards my kids the Portland girls and North Carolina girls arrive at the same time. I turn towards them and straighten out my shirt before stopping in front of them. "Hello Welcome to camp. My names Bryn Woodly I will be your new head coach." They all shake my hand before I pull out their key cards. "Jessica you are with Allie Long in room 512, Sam you are with Morgan brian in room 514, Abby you are with Julie in 513, Lindsey and Emily you are together in room 507, Tobin you are with Rose in room 509, Crystal you are by yourself in room 515. Before you all leave make sure to check your email for the schedule for the rest of this week room assignments will change in two weeks." They all nod and thank me before walking towards the elevators and boarding.

Carli walks in 5 minutes after the Portland and North Carolina girls arrived. I approach her and hold out my hand."Hello and welcome to camp my names Bryn Woodly, I'm your new head coach."

"Nice to meet you."

"You as well. You will be in room 503 with Kelley Ohara. Please check your email to get the schedule for the rest of camp."

"Will do." She declares before taking the key card and walking towards the elevator. I walk back to my kids.

"Come on let's get changed and grab a ball there is a field a couple of blocks from here." They nod and follow me to the elevator.