51

The morning came with more confusion then the morning where Bryn had woken up in a bush outside of the rival high school on a Sunday.

Both of the women work up in quick succession of eachother. Both turning to look at the other as soon as their eyes were forced open. Bryn waking first wanted to slam her head in a car door about how stupid she was. She had vowed to herself to only commit to Kelley after she dealt with her personal drama, and now she's here naked with the women she's been intrigued with for a little over 8 months.

When Kelley woke up she opened her eyes and looked around quickly as to why their was a pair of arms wrapped tightly around her waist. She turned around and saw Bryn slipping into her own world.

Kelley places her hand lightly on Bryns arm to pull her from the dark place that is her own mind. Bryn shakes her head like a dog trying to dry its coat before staring back at Kelley.

"I'm sorry!" Bryn blurts out.

"Why. We were both of sound mind."

"Because I like you. And I didn't want to commit to you without dealing with all of my personal stuff first. It's not right to string you along and now here we are naked in bed together."

"Hey Bryn clam down. If you need more time I can you give you ti."

"But I don't want to go without you anymore." Bryn states honestly loving how quiet her mind is when in the presence of the defender.

"Then I'm right here for you every step of the way. Just as you were to me."

"Well I need to shower, change the sheets and make breakfast for the kids."

"Okay I'll grab a shower after you."

"Or we could maybe save water?"Bryn states boldly.

"Just no sex. My clit is still recovery from the work you put in last night." Bryn can only laugh before realizing Kelley wasn't joking.

"Fine no sex." Bryn pouts childishly as she disappears into the bathroom with Kelley following right behind her. Bryn turns the water to hot and gets out the towels as they await for the shower to reach the desired temperature.

Once the steam starts to spill over the shower curtains do the pair step into the scalding water. True to her word Bryn does not indulge in pleasing Kelley. The two share some lingering kisses but refrain from taking it further as this still need to fully talk through the relationship and having sex, again would only cause more issues.

They dry off as Bryn starts on breakfast while Kelley works on stripping the sheets, and replacing the cream colored ones with light blue ones from the closet. When pulling out the bag that housed the comforter a brown box from on top of it fell and crashed down at her feet.

Kelley didn't know what to do. She couldn't reach the top shelf, she also wanted to see what was in the box but also didn't . So she called Bryn into the room. "Bryn I need your help?" She heard the heavy footed coach walking into the room.

"Where are you?"

"Linen closet."

I'm the span of a minute the two are squeezed into the tight closet. "If you wanted a quickie you could've just asked?" The coach ribs as Kelley's checks turn pink.

"Umm no. This box fell from the top of closet when I pulled out the sheets and I didn't know what to do so I called you in to put them away again."

Bryn can only smile at how thoughtful Kelley was. Most people would rifle through it and hope they didn't get caught. Bryn reached around kelley and picked up the brown box. She backed out of the closet and sat on the bed. She had forgot what was stuffed in the box. She opened it and saw all of her old high school stuff. The records that held, her rating for each sport. Kelley walked out of the closet confused as to why Bryn still hasn't return.

"Hey kell this is all my high school stuff."

"Oh can I see?"

"Yes you can." Bryn heads the box off to Kelley as she left the room to continue making breakfast for the kids. The kids wake up almost simultaneously as the smell of bacon floated through the home. After the kids are seated Bryn goes into her room with promises of coming out with a surprise.

What she wasn't expect was Kelley digging a little too deep in the box and pulling out an ultrasound.  "What is this?"

"That would've been my baby?" Bryn says with a deep inhale as she tries not to cry. No one knew about the baby.

"What do you mean?" Kelley questions as she gets off the bed and pulls Bryn into her.

"Not now. The kids are waiting for you." Kelley accepts the answer knowing it would be hard for anyone to talk about the loss of a child.

Bryn takes a minute to compose herself before walking out of her room with Kelley. "Hey kids my surprise is here." She states as Kelley walks behind her.

"What is it momma!" Brett screeches bouncing in his chair.

She side steps away from Kelley's s the kids jaws drop. They over come their excitement and run to her hugging her.

The smile on all of their faces puts me at ease. I know the kids liked Tobin but nothing compared to the smiles on these kids faces when in the presence of the defender.

====
Short chapter