9

Carli starts off the discussion.  "How do you like the new HC?"

Everyone starts shouting out at once making it hard to decipher what is being said.

Carli taking her team captain role seriously, shushes the room, and implements a new system. " Thumb up if you like her, thumb down if you dislike!" The player seated in front of her show a sea of thumbs up.

"Okay now does everyone have the schedule for tomorrow?" Carli's questions causeing the present players to open their phones and check their email.

They all nod as they overview the spreadsheet. With tommorow being an off day we will follow the same rules as always, make sure someone knows where you are going, make it back by curfew, and if you have a meeting with the coaches don't be late as we all don't want to run." They nod again.

"Now head to bed the rest of the team arrives tommorow so get to bed and appreciate the calm as once everyone gets here it will get crazy." All the players exit the room leaving Carli to shut off the lights and make her way to bed passing the conference room that houses Bryn and Dawn.

Walking by the room the door is not shut all the way and ends up overhearing the conversation that has ensued.

"Look Dawn I think having all of these girls on deficits is a bad idea, the only reason you go into a deficit is for a cut and everyone who knows a little about health knows what happens when you have elite athletes in a deficit before a tournament or game. They get sloppy, fatigue quickly, and blood flow is slowed, among other things."

"Well yes Bryn we know but they weren't getting the results we had projected so we decided to lean them down to then build everything back up!" Dawn gets defensive over her training measures.

"Look we have different standpoints on this subject so I'm going to use executive power and implement my training plan with an overview from the nutritionist and let's give it a month and we'll see if they make the progression you had hoped for. Deal?"

"Deal." After hearing that announcement from Bryn I figured it would be in my greatest interest to leave the area before one of them exited the room.

Once back in my room I pull open my email and see a new email from Bryn Woodly.

Saying: your meeting tommorow with me and Allanah Westin will take place at 3:15 in conference room 5, second floor. Don't sweat it we will just go over your former nutrition plan and adjust as we see necessary. I look forward to speaking with you tomorrow. -Bryn Woodly.

I save the important information and mark the time in my calendar so I don't accidentally miss it and complete my nightly routine while replaying the conversation between Bryn and Dawn. Even Jill never had the bullocks to stand up to anyone on her staff she just went with what they said.

- - - -

Bryn's POV

After my heated talk with Dawn, I called in the Psychologist to get a better feel for the girls and how to coach them, as not everyone reacts the same to a given method.

Nicholas walks in with his files and laptop, sitting opposite from me it brings me back to when I had to visit a shrink. "Good evening sorry to pull you so late but today was just a little crazy. I just wanted to inform you that I will be changing a lot of the girl's diets so they could perform better. You might be asking how does this involves you and it really doesn't except for how do these women react and their style of play. I don't want any details on their personal life, I just want to know if you have any red flags about players' abilities to perform on the highest level?"

"I have a couple of reservations about Mallory Pugh she seems to have lost the drive she originally started out with and the complete opposite for Carli Lloyd she seems to work all the time that I fear will end up injuring herself or burning herself out."

I write down the player's name to talk to them later. "Is there anybody else?"

"I know a bunch of players have some big personal things going on or just happened."

"I would want to hear it from them instead of you. Is that all?"

"Yeah, that's all."

"You're free to go." He nods and thanks me for my time before exiting the room. I make sure I've met with everyone that I needed to talk to. I overlook the equipment staffs spreadsheet about equipment and gear that the players will receive as we get closer to the world cup.

After making sure everything was good to go I emailed Alannah and told her that we would meet before Breakfast since I was going to rework some of the player's diets with her oversight to make sure it was safe.

After sending out the last email to all the players who I would be reworking their diets I closed my laptop and pack up everything else. I head back up to my room. Both of my kids are knocked out in their beds with the TV still playing in the background. I turn off the TV and finish my night routine before climbing into bed.

I was excited to start training with these girls after reading through their fitness stats from last camp.

= = = =