17

I make her do an easy workout that would make her want to die but wasn't to hard. 30 minutes on the stair machine at a 5mph so she couldn't slow down then immeadieltye after that we would do 2 1/2 foot box jump over for 50 reps before incline sprints. Incline at 36% at an average pace of 15mph before finishing it off with weighted walking lunges, 45 pound plate for 100 meters.

She didn't bitch or moan and just worked. Finishing the workout way faster then I would when I was totally healthy. We didn't get out of the gym until half past 8. True to my word I found her sweats and let her shower before we went to dinner.

She came out 15 minutes later dressed in my spare shorts and my old wrestling hoodie. We exit the facility and climb into the rental car that was here because one of the trainers had to finish something before practice.

"Where do you want to go?" I question as I peel out of the facility's parking lot.

"Let's just swing by that cafe by the hotel?"

"Ight." I type in the directions and follow the purple line mapped out on waze.

After arriving in the parking lot I can see just how sore she is. I grab us a table. "What do you want?"

"I'll come up with you."

"I know you want to pay but it's my treat so pick what you want." I leave no room for discussion.

"Turkey club."

"Ight. Want a drink?"

"A water."

"I'll be right back." I leave the table and walk up to the counter. Once at the counter the cashier greets me.

"Hi how can I help you?"

"One turkey club, one Italian on white, one water and one sweet tea."

She punched in the buttons before telling me the damage. "17.34."

I hand her 17.50 and tell her to keep the change as I grab the card telling the workers where I was seated. She hands me both drinks.

Once back at the table I give Tobin her water and take a sip of my drink. Only to find it to be unsweetened tea. Was I going to say something?no! Am I still pissed? Yes!

A couple minutes go by before a youngish male, couldn't be more then 22 comes out with our food. He drops it at the table before taking the post.

We eat in relative silence with both of us being hungry after only eating breakfast. I finish first and throw away my trash before retaking my seat.

Tobin makes conversation after I have thrown out my trash. "What did Jill do for you if you don't mind me asking?"

"I don't mind. I was 17, 3 games before I tore my knee Jill and Pia had come to scout me. I had no idea they were at the game much less in town. After my shutout I had gone out with a couple of my friends and we did coke. Just my luck Jill found me and just gave me her number and said text me when your sober. I never texted her. After I tore my knee and word got out Jill came to see me. She asked me if I was doing drugs and I said no. She called bullshit and she was correct. A month after I had gotten it fo the hospital I was heavily addicted to pain pills and Cocaine. She had told me she would stop by at 2. Well my stupid ass didn't remeber shit so I got high as a kite and Jill found me passed out on the floor of the hallway. Paramedics tell me that if Jill would've arrived even 3 minutes later I would be dead." Tobins face is white as a look of pure shock paints her facial features. "That's why I owe Jill everything."

I give Tobin a minute to digest everything as it's pretty shocking to hear that your head coach should've OD'd.

"Why cocaine?" Is her first question.

"It allowed me to function pretty well and there was very little physical side effects. Like I don't have sores on my face as like people who do Horse."

"Were you trying to kill yourself?" And then immeadietley back tracks. "Sorry if that's too personal you don't have to tell me if you don't want too."

"Look Tobin it's okay. And to be honest probably. I don't remeber much from that year besides pills. After rehab I still won't take an Advil."

"How are Brett and Ansley?" Tobin tried to lighten the conversation

"I don't know but I know Hope or Abby will check on them as they both seem to take a liking to both of them. But when we left they were doing their online school."

"Did you want kids when you met their mother?"

"Definitely not. I was 19-20 when me and their mom tied the knot. I now wouldn't trade them for the world but at the time they were just little kids. But yeah if I would've had the choice I wouldn't of wanted kids at the time. Do you want kids?"

"Yeah. Well maybe you know after soccer but I would be fine with adopting."

"Adopting is great. Definitely recommend it if you can't have kids."

"What was your wife's name?" I check my watch to see it's a little past 9.

"We need to start heading back. But to answer your questions Stefanie."

"Thanks cool."

"Yeah but she wasn't."

"What do you mean?" She questions as well pull out of the parking lot.

"She was faithful for the first 3 months out of an almost 8 year relationship. But whatever I'm over her."

"You dating again?"

"No. Just tryna focus on my kids and the team."

"I guess that makes sense." She sounds almost disappointed. "Anybody catch your eye yet?"

"Yeah one person but I won't make a move?"

"Why not?" She was making this really hard on me with her being the one my eyes have been stapled to.

"Because I need to get my personal shit right before adding another person into my life and my kids need time to adjust to just me before adding in a new person."

"That makes sense." We pull into the hotel parking lot. I text the ats to meet in the recovery room to help Tobin while I break away from them and head to my room.

I knew having a crush on my player was stupid and boy or boy the SH claims that could come from that would just ruin the team and my image.
====
Fuck people man. Who the fuck are you to tell me what I should do in MY book. If I ask for your input that's great but don't be sliding in my dms telling me this is how it should go when I didn't fucking ask. Like bro calm the fuck down and I'm not going to write about shit I don't know about. Fuck outta here with oh your MC should just get with Tobin rather then stringing along all of us for x amount of chapters. I have to make this book logical if the head coach is in a relationship with a player then questions about the MC's morales. Let me write if you don't like it please don't read. I appreciate all the support but if your gonna be a botch about it just remove it from your library it won't hurt my feelings.