35

Waking the next morning was a whirl wind of cigarette smoke and the memories of last night seeping into my brain.

I shower quickly and head out to the gym to try and work through my mood so I don't take it out on my players.

First off they thought that it was okay to ridicule me and Kelley after Kelley told them about her ditching Alcohol, the Tobin kissing me which she had no right to do, and the fuckin media that wants to talk shit about us winning.

At this point in over people. Or I should just say adults, kids keep to real and fun.

I destroy my arms as I slowly slip away from all of the drama just focusing on myself.

I hit a new strict bicep curl PR. I finally got my single arm curl up to 85 lbs. so that was cool.

I head back to the hotel and start watching the game all the way through making notes when I see fit. Most of the things I had problems with were just confidence things and some fundamentals in need of sharpening.

I send my suggestions to my position coaches for the short practice today after the team does recovery.

After that I shower to wash away the mixture of cigarette smoke, sweat, and my deodorant that doesn't make a good smell when mix together. I dress in 511 shorts and a team T-shirt. I throw on my vans and wake the kids.

Once we are all ready I head down to the meal and make a plate as my kids do the same. We sit at a table and start eating.

"So after team training do you guys want to walk around Paris?"

They both just nod as they continue to scarf down their breakfast. The rest of the staff and players walk into the meal room and start eating. I finish my food before addressing the team.

"Today we will do recovery after that we all are going to have a meeting and then film followed by a light practice. After watching the game all I found that we needed to work on was better timed passes, and just some other fundamentals. But besides that you all played great." They just nod as I retake my seat.

After they are dismissed they have an hour before mandatory recovery. In that time me and the kids walk around the hotel as we talk.

"Hey guys I just wanted to apologize for last night. I told you guys that we would spend time to get her and even if it was at the gym I didn't fully follow through on my promise. So I wanted to say I'm sorry for that. I know it's been a struggle to get time and have it not interrupted so I wanted to tell you guys that after this tournament I will not be coaching the team anymore."

I thought they would be happy about it but the look Ansley was giving me made me think otherwise.

"But I thought you liked coaching?" Ansley questions confused.

"Yeah I like coaching but I love you guys. And this job puts me in a tight spot of having to cut our time together. Nothing comes above you guys. So I thought that I would coach at the high school. I do love coaching but at least I would only be away from you guys for like an hour or two after school rather then three hours everyday for practice plus additional time for film and other stuff."

"Oh okay. But I like hanging around the team." Brett states sadly.

"And that won't stop. I think the bonds we are forming will last a while. We will still see the girls from time to time."

"Oh okay." He says a little happier.

"So are you happy that you guys are on summer break?"

"Yeah." They both shout enthusiastically.