21

"No."

"Why not?"

"Well after I told Alex,Allie, and Christen about it and didn't take it seriously I just sorta stopped. I mean why would you keep reiterating something that no one believes?"

"I understand how pissed that can make you. Especially when you felt your life and mental well being was put in danger. I can room you with Becky for the rest of camp if you want me too? I just want to make sure all my players are happy and healthy."

"Can we put a fork in that and circle back. I want to tell her but on my own terms and see if she believes me."

"And I'm totally fine with that. Look Ohara my job is to make sure you are playing at your best. So whatever I can do to help make you the best player you can be I will do."

"Ok. Have you told any of your family about your addiction?"

"Umm- no. I cut contact with my family after they disowned. They found out that I OD'd and they all came to visit me in the hospital to tell me that a drug addict like me wouldn't be a member of such a respected family. And hen I married my ex-wife and that was the final nail in the coffin. They said that no Woodly would be gay and so yeah. So all that personal shit just accumulated because I would try and tell my wife and then she would just say well it doesn't matter. But it did, you know man they were my family I looked up to my uncle. I idolized my cousins.You don't just forget that."

"I'm scared to tell my family."

"Look you don't have to do anything I say. But I would say get sober first and then tell them so they aren't constantly berating you to the point where you need a drink."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"How bad is your craving if you don't mind me asking?"

"Normally I can hold off until after practice but after that I just get lost you know?"

"Yeah. Do drink in the mornings?"

"Sorta?" She asks as if I'm gonna be mad.

"Look I don't care. I used to do a line waiting for the bus to show up."

"Most mornings I'll take a shot or two. Enough to dull the pain and shut off my brain but not enough to hinder my movements."

"So then cut out the alcohol in the mornings and go for a run. It'll suck at first but I'm telling you working out saved my life. So now every time I have a craving or I feel like my emotions are suffocating me I go to the gym."

"Can I go to the gym with you one day?"

"If you can get up by 5 then sure?"

"I'll be up at 5 tomorrow."

"Okay meet me in the lobby and we'll head out."

"How long are your normal gym sessions?"

"My normal gym time is like an hour, 45 minutes. But if I want to forget for a little I can get so sucked in that I'll be there for 4 hours. But tomorrow morning it will only be an hour session."

"Okay. Does working out really help?"

"I don't know if it will work for you so I say we just test it but for me it does as my only focus is getting the weight up. If I'm deadlifting 600+ pounds I can't think about what I did wrong or why my wife cheated on me. I can only focus on getting that weight off the ground."

"I guess that makes sense. But what about my night cravings? It would be suspicious if I just up and left."

"I would say write if your good with words. Read a book with a time period or something not so closely related to this time period as it will help you immerse yourself in the book. Or try to do 100 push ups or something and try to beat your record everytime. It will help to preoccupy your mind without leaving room for you to think."

"Okay. Do I have to ease off of the booze or can I just quit cold turkey?"

"You can quit cold turkey and it will literally suck the first probably week will make you want to drown yourself in your drink of choice. But with establishing healthy habits it becomes a little easier."

"Thank you for this you have no idea how much this means to me."

"Look I want you to know that I would do this for any of you. While I was in recovery I wish I had known someone who had successfully sobered up and stayed sober. In the facility I just kept seeing the same people come back after a month of out patient. In patient is great but after a month you get so used to the supervison and restrictions that once they stop you are so tempted to go back since you aren't getting drug tested every-morning."

"I want to have this conversation with Becky after dinner and we are nearing time to head down to the meal room."

"Okay well great talking to you Kelley. If you have any questions,wanna head to the gym, or just talk hit me up and I'll make sure it's done. Have a good day Kelley and update me on how the talk with Becky goes."

"Will do. See you in like 15 minutes coach." She leaves the room.

I look down at my watch to see that me and Kelley have talked for almost 4 hours.

I can't even stand up. My knee was still killing me but that wasn't what was stopping me. I was trying to digest everything that Kelley just told me.

I would've never guessed she was an alcoholic or the trauma her ex had given her. But she had the drive to be sober.

I guess the amount of stress she put on her self was the root cause of her problems and her ex did nothing but put more thoughts into her head about her not being good enough.

I swear if I ever saw that Alexis girl out in public I'd give her the 'ol one two McGregor.

But that was for another time. I slowly push away from the table and stand up. I straighten out my knee a couple times only to hear a small snap. The pain wasn't intolerable but I wanted to cut off my leg.

I suck up the pain and call one of my at's.

"Hey Bryn what's up?"

"I'm can you come down to the conference room. I think I over did it in the gym this morning and when I stood up something snapped. I don't know what it is. But if you could please come down and have a look I'll pay you?"

"You don't need to pay me this is my job. Let me gather my stuff and then I'll head down their but in the mean time take a seat and try and prop your leg on a chair."

"Okay will do." I hang up and follow her instructions. I put my foot on the chair next to me and take a breathe.  This wasn't good. I just hope it was something small like I don't know, something that I could ice and wear a brace for 3 weeks.

====
Once this chapter hits 15 likes I'll upload the next.