44

Arriving back to North Carolina I ask for an extension form the clubs before I make a definitive pick. I mean this is my new job and all of these would require me to move my kids and myself.

Tobin did follow through with the plan and has been hanging out with me and the kids for about 2 weeks. She's set to head back to Portland after I finally decided to agree to date her officially. We decided to keep our relationship private since Tobin isn't out and because I just left USSF not even a month ago.

I've been spending as much time with my kids as possible as to make up for the missed time at the World Cup. We've been playing baseball, softball, touch football, and any other sport we could think of.

Me and Tobin are going strong calling every night. I help her get over the mental block. Winning a big tournament the after affect can result in post partum like symptoms.

You trained so long for one goal then after that you fall into a deep depression of trying to understand and convince yourself that you are more then the sport and you have more of a purpose.

I've been trying to help her through ti but I know it's a single journey of one trying to find oneself. I give her the space to do so as I keep in touch with Kelley who has been really struggling with her depressive episode as she can't drink or have any sort of emotionally numbing solution. Alcohol, drugs, or even sleep weren't helping as she couldn't sleep and was having a hard time fighting her mind. I helped her through it as much as I could but it's a personal discovery journey that she has to go through.

Little did I know Tobin had been working with Ansley to surprise me. I was messing around at home with Brett trying to teach him the proper catching stance to save his knees and to optimize speed and strength performance.

As I show Brett how to pop up from his knees the doorbell rings. "I'll be right back buddy." I stand up and walk to the door. I open the eh door as Tobin appears from
The backside of the door. I can only stand their slack jawed as Tobin pulls me into her arms. I hug her back and pull her into the house.

"Hey kids Tobin here." I shout as Brett and Ansley both wrap their arms around Tobins hips.

I stand off to the side and let the kids talk to Tobin. I haven't told the kids yet. They have had too many people walk in and out of their life, I don't want to tell them about my relationship unless I'm 100 percent sure it's going to work out. They don't deserve to get their hopes up only for Tobin to walk out once she realizes it's too much.

The rest of the day we all hang out together until 9 when I put the kids to bed.

Tobin waits in my bedroom as I tuck in the kids. After making sure both of them are tucked away and kissed goodnight. I leave them with promises of seeing them in the morning and maybe the promise of pancakes, maybe.

I walk to my room where Tobin lays pants less on my bed in underwear and my high school football shirt. "Hey?" I question as I take in her legs with my eyes.

"Hey yourself. Now stop eye-fucking me and get over here!" She jokingly demands as she points to the spot next to her. I can only nod as I take off my shirt and walk to the other side of the bed and climb next to her. I remove my socks and pull my legs onto the bed.

"How's your back?" She questions knowing how much it's been giving me trouble.

"I have an appointment scheduled with my surgeon tomorrow at 6."

"What ever happened to your back?"

"I may or may not of broken a few vertebrates my L3-L5 and they had to instal a rod in my back to stabilize my spine. The only issue is that most people who get rods installed have to have multiple surgeries as they grow older. So this could maybe be my second of possible 6 surgery's."

"Why did you not tell me?" She questions like I just told her I was sleeping with the First Lady.

"Because it never bothered me. I thought It was going to be a one and done thing. I got surgery and I didn't have to worry about it."

"Whatever just don't hid anything from me again." She states. I can only nod.

She rolled over and straddles me. "Wanna ride?" She questions with a glint in her eye.

I can only nod as I remove my shirt from her skin and start warming the skin on her chest. I get to work pleasing the striker constantly shutting her up with my lips to avoid waking the kids.

====
I don't know where I'm going since I have like 7 ideas that all clash so stay tuned and strap on the seat belt.