36

"What did I tell yo. When I get home I expect the dishes done!" Stef roars as she comes into the bed room where I was working on a proposal for this new clothing brand called HYPE.

I sit there defenseless. "I-I-I" she cuts me offf before I can finish

"Shut the fuck up. When I tell you what to do I expect it to be done. But guess what you didn't do. Now tell me where that little slut is!"

"What do you mean?"

"Come on I know your sleeping around. What else would stop you from doing as I've asked!" She furious.

I want to tell her I didn't get them done because I was taking care of her kids. But I knew better than to talk to back to her while she was this mad.

"I wasn't sleeping around. I finished dinner and watched a movie with Brett and Ansley then I put them to bed and came here." I retort trying to defuse the situation.

"Sure?" She says sarcastically.

"I'm sorry I'll do them now." I start to get out of bed when her hand meets my face.

"Like shit you are!" Before I can respond she shoves me into the dresser where one of the knobs dig into my still sensitive scar.

I sink to the floor as she continues to kick me while shouting profanities.

I knew better then to respond so I stay silent, accepting my faith.

And that's when she put her hands on my throat she had never done that before. She squeezes harder as I start to squirm

"St-Sto-stop." I gasp out as the oxygen flow to my brain is being cut off.

"BRYN!"

"BRYN WAKE THE FUCK UP." Someone shouts as my hands are trapped. I shoot out of bed and end up head butting whoever was holding me down.

All I can do is run. I leave all my stuff as I run out of the room pushing aside the people in my way. I run until my lungs are burning as I drop to my knees.

I roll over onto my back as I try so desperately to fill my lungs with air. I thought I was over the nightmares. I haven't had one in months.

My mind starts running a mile a minute as all the memories of stef and I's fights, me telling the kids their mom was going to prison and everything else that has happened over the past  years. 

It was all too much for me as the tears leak from my eyes. I sob until the sun comes up.

I reach my hands into my shorts pocket to grab my phone to check the time only to realize it was messing. I dry my tears harshly and stand up on shaking legs.

I start to walk back only now realizing I have no idea where I am. I pick a direction and walk straight hoping it's the right direction.

I choose to go right and walk for about 30 minutes if I have to estimate. I thankfully choose the right direction and ended up infront of our hotel. I walk in and head up to the room taking the stairs as I also forgot my key card.

I get to my door and knock, Amy opens the door clearly surprised I'm here. "Hey the kids are with Abby. Go shower and then we can talk if you want?" I just nod and grab clothes before taking the coldest shower of my life.

I appear back into the main the room of the hotel and look at Amy who holds nothing but compassion in them.

"What happened?" She breaks the heavy silence.

"I don't know I don't have nightmares and then I couldn't breathe and someone was on top of me and it freaked me out so I ran." I state honestly knowing I couldn't play off my performance last night.

"Can I tell you what happened last night from my perspective?"

I just nod as I don't know anything before I head butted who ever was on top of me.

"Last night at about 2 Ansley came knocking on my door that you couldn't breathe and were gasping for air. I told her to stay in my room as I ran to your room. Brett apparently woke up Abby as she was already in the room when I arrived. I guess the team woke up and came to check what the commotion was. Abby had pinned your hands as you started to hit her. You woke up and head butted her before running out of the room."

"I-I need to apologize. Wait the team saw?"

"Yes. I tried to get them back to their room but they were all worried about you."

"I'm going to call a team meeting. Can you please watch after my kids for today."

"I will. Can you tell me what might've caused the nightmare?"

"Umm yeah. Last night I got a call just after I went to sleep. Apparently stef got into a fight while in prison and she got hurt pretty badly. She passed away and the officer at the prison called me to inform me of the situation. I guess it reopened some old wounds."

"Do the kids know?"

"No. I'm going to have to tell them that their mother died. They're going to hate me. I'm the reason she got put in prison in the first place. If only I had done the dishes like she had asked she wouldn't have been driving under the influence." I say as the tears start pour again.

Amy can only pull me into her as I break down for the second time today.

Amy doesn't say anything as just holds as I cry.

=====
Short update but fuck it.

Umm Abby Dhalkemper went to Houston which surprised the fuck outta me imma be honest with you.

Hannah glas is hot as fuck as per usual and the paraolympics are great.