29

Lunch was good the normal jokes going around. I was glad to see this as being away from your family and your support system for this long is taxing on anybody.

Little did the girls know there family would be here in two days. Because after this week we are getting into game mode and will just focus on soccer nothing else.

Lunch is dismissed soon after. I take both of the kids to the batting cages to work with both of them. I knew once we got fully serious I might be preoccupied with other things so I wanted to get as much with my kids as I could before I would start having to make time cuts to get everything done.

We grab all our gear and head out to the batting cages that also had a couple fenced in mounds. Arriving there I payed for 7 rounds in the batting cages so I would have enough time with each kid and a round at the cage for myself.

I work with Ansley first just getting the motion down for the pitch. The release point and the arm rotation. She caught on quickly allowing me to start teaching her the different pitches and finger position to make the able act as you want it.

Not to long after Ansley got her slider Brett finished his session in the cage. They switch spots and I work with Brett on his stance. He was a catcher and a damn good one. I might be biased since I was his momma but still he was impressive for his age.

I work with him on different stances to keep most of the weight off his knees so he would be able to walk normal when he was 30.

I help Brett get used to throwing from his knees. Once he gets it down Ansley emerges from the cage. I take Ansley batt and one of the helmets I rented. The kids stand outside of the netted area as I warm up with a couple swings before clicking the button for fast pitch softball and get ready for the first ball.

The first ball is a high fast ball that just barley paints the corner I swing hard and send that ball probably 350 more like 125 but still. I send all the balls deep and before I know it I've gone through all 20 or so pitches.

I exit the fenced in area and remove my helmet. "You all have fun," I question my children.

"Yeah momma!" Brett almost shouts die to excitement. While Ansley just gives a simple "Yeah." Still excited but not the animated level her brother was at.

"Well let's head back. Dinners in an hour and I don't know about you two but I'm in need of a shower."

"Same." Ansley says while Brett just starts the journey back to the car.

We drive back to the hotel singing along to 2010's best country hits.

Arriving back at the hotel I run into Kelley who seems to be almost pacing the length of the Lobby.

"Y'all head up to the room I'll be there in 10." I say. Needing to know what's stressing Kelley out so much.

The two just nod as Ansley leads Brett over to the elevator. I approach Kelley who seems to be so caught up in pacing the lobby she hadn't noticed my arrival.

I put my hand on her shoulder to stop the frivolous pace. "What's up?"

"I- Umm I need to speak to you!" She rushes out in a panic.

"Okay then let's head up to either your room or the conference room."

"Conference room." I just nod and lead her to the elevator. We board the metal box and head up to the conference room. Once inside she takes her seat and I walk to the other side.

"What's up Kelley? You seemed pretty on edge."

"I uh. I sorta-kinda-"

"Look Kelley whatever happened we can fix. No use in stressing over it. I will stand by you one hundred percent. Take a breathe okay." She just nods and takes a few deep breathes before continuing.