47

I head to the airport early to catch my flight from Charlotte international to Manchester. I would land about 5. I know from our many facetime calls that her practice ends at 3:30.

I get to the airport and do all the Necessary pre international flight stuff before finding my gate and sitting in the lobby waiting for them to board the plan. I had a long flight ahead of me and I wasn't looking forward to it.

Boarding the plane I was squished in the middle row between a heavyset couple. Both of them were on either side of me. Little did I know they were the kind of people to hold hands in my lap.

I try to fall asleep once the plane took off but had a hard time in doing so since no position was comfortable. The flight was long and full of turbulence for the hours it took in the air to go from Charlotte to Manchester.

Arriving at the Manchester airport I deplane quickly as I rush to grab my bags and head to Tobins apartment. My back and knee were killing me. It was like walking with a stick up my ass.

I catch a taxi to Tobins apartment as I settle in to the cold weather. Pulling infront of Tobins apartment everything started to settle in. The stuff I'm doing for this girl- just to see this girl.

I knock on the door and wait for her to open the door. A minute later Christen opens the door.

"Hey Bryn what's up?" She questions highly confused.

"I just wanted to hang with Tobin. Is there an issue?" I question as to why she was acting so suspect of my intentions.

Didn't Tobin tell her we were dating?

"Okay she's getting out of the shower now. So please come in." She steps aside and allows me into the apartment.

I take a seat at the kitchen counter as I drop my bags by the door. Tobin comes out 3 minutes later. I turn towards her. I see her face contort to like 8 different emotions before a shy grin coats her face.

I walk up and hug her as Christen clears her throat behind me. Tobin must do a head gesture or an eye look as Christen decided to back off after that.

Christen leaves the room as I pull Tobin away from my shoulder. Before I can even utter a word her lips crash on mine.

I return the kiss maybe a little too hard as I end up falling over tobin once her knees hit the armrest on the couch. I pull back as tobin sighs out.

"What are you doing here babe?" Tobin questions slightly unnerved and paranoidish.

"I wanted to surprise you before both of our seasons started. Is it bad timing?"

"Oh no. How long are you staying?"

"Like 5 days."

"Okay. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I had a plan and then I landed and it flew out the window. I was sorta hoping you would show me around?" My gut feeling was off but I trust tobin so I decide to ignore it.

"Maybe we could spend some alone time. Just you and me?" She hints at something more then just a hangout.

I nod. I was worried about our relationship. We never truly just sit down and admire each other all we do is have sex and be civil. It was only a physical relationship and I think Tobin knew it too.

We walk- or stumble our way to Tobins room lip locked.

——-

Nearing the end of the week I knew me and Tobin weren't going to last. I could feel it in the way she kissed me. I knew she liked someone else. I don't know who she liked but I knew it wasn't me.

I tried to make it work but it just seemed like we were at different places in our career. I was settled down, while Tobin is still carrying around her nomadic tendencies, which doesn't workout with kids.

I tried to give her space and she didn't notice. She was always absent in the mind when I am around. I noticed it before she left for Manchester. I think this trip was to prove myself wrong and I think I failed.

"Hey babe. I'm going to stay at a hotel. I have an early flight tomorrow." She only nods as she stands up from her seat on the couch.

She stalks towards me and hugs me. "I love you stay safe." She pecks my lips and heads back to the couch as I leave the apartment. Arriving at the hotel I double check my bag to make sure I have everything. And I left my phone. Fuck.

How was I supposed to fly tomorrow if I don't have my phone. I leave the hotel room and dash to the street. I hail the first cab I see and climb in rattling off the addressee to Tobins apartment.

I pay him in full once he parks infornt of Tobins apartment. I hustle up the steps and run to her door. I try the handle and find it's u locked. I push open the door to find Tobin and Christen Naked on top of eachother.

I can only run to Tobins room to grab my phone. I try to stop my tears. I knew she was in love with someone else but seriously you couldn't just tell me. It hurt. It truly hurt seeing her doing what we've done with someone else right after I left. As I go to hustle out the door tobin stops me.

She's wrapped in a towel with tousled hair. "What's up?" She questions like I didn't just walk in on them.

"Tobin don't contact me. We will just forget about us. Don't talk to the kids, me and don't bother showing up." I try to stay as calm as possible while the tears pour from my eyes.

I leave after that not wanting to hear her excuse. I arrive back at the hotel and fall asleep just wanting to get on the plane and head back home.

====+
I skipped over a lot and I'm sorry but the interaction with my chapters have been way down.