3

We are about halfway through the flight, Both of the kids are out cold giving me time to watch as much film on the girls as I could while taking notes. The one thing I noticed most was the chemistry they played with, some players needed to work on their spaceal awareness but most of the fundamentals were present which was good. After my knee went in High school I gave up soccer and just decided to work, After I stopped playing soccer I, in turn, stopped watching it.

I was excited to coach again but the one thing I was sorta scared about one was how intense the fans and the community are and second how many 'strong' personalities there were on the team. I also got to watch the other top contenders and got a couple of notes on their keepers to start out with as it doesn't matter how good their defense is if their keeper doesn't let anything in.

------

we land 4 hours later in Denver and I was beat. The kids were as excited as ever as we met up with a US soccer representative who drove us to the hotel where we will be staying for the next 5 months. They needed a win and they had put all their faith in me to bring it home.

We got to the hotel a little after 8 our time but 6 colorado time. After being signed in at the hotel and getting to meet all of my staff in person rather than through email.

(since I know literally no one on their staff I made up most people but all the skill coaches are former players.)

Assistant coach: Tom Macintosh

Forward Coach: Abby Wambach

Midfield Coach: Shannon Boxx

Defender coach: Christie Rampone

GK Coach: Hope Solo

Strength and performance coach: Dawn Scott

Athletic Trainer/s: Hannah Chapman, Alyssa Borne, John Finley (all made up from here on out as well as the AC.)

Press Secretary: Tyler Ewing

Equipment staff: Rod Harvey, Derrick McMillian, Scott Sneider, Amanda Blackburn.

Psychologist: Nicholas Lanes

Nutritionist: Alanna Westin.

After meeting all of them we set up a meeting at 10 after all of us who have kids put them to bed. The players would start arriving mid-afternoon tomorrow and through the next day. They won't start playing or practicing until the 11th so everyone has at least one day off.

After making sure everything that was requested from the hotel has been done and is in place for the girls to arrive. By 7 after introductions and getting settled in our hotel room both my kids and I are starving. We walk to a Mcdonald's right around the corner and grab some food as we walk back to the hotel chatting away. Mostly my kids babbling about what they want to do while I listen and make sure they are walking in the right direction.

Once in the hotel room, we eat while I find a child-appropriate channel on the TV.

---

after the kids have gone to sleep I walk to a conference room in which US soccer has rented out for us. Seeing everyone already sitting with folders and binders in front of them. I sit at the head of the table and open the almost empty notebook.

"Let's start with equipment managers. Do you all have everything you need for the team?"

"Yes the last camp we got all the measurements for the girls, the first day they will get practice gear and just the normal swag, and then as we get closer to the games we will start pushing out their game uniforms," Rod says.