33

I watch the rest of the episode that was playing and 2 additional ones before my alarm rings and I round up the kids and the girls to the bus to head back to the hotel.

upon arrival, all the girls head to recovery as me and the kids head out to grab ice cream. Arriving back at the hotel we wash up before dinner. The team was lively, dancing and singing in the meal room as Sonnett played music from her phone.

My kids join the fun and jump around with the team as I laugh. Once we all have gotten food. We eat and joke around until dinner ends. "Alright. You guys know how much I hate these talks but it's apparently in my "job description". " I joke around gaining a laugh from my players. "With that being said. I had time to watch over the game. I was going to point out some things you guys could do better. And as I say that I draw a blank. A couple more fundamental things we can iron out but we looked good, and like a unit. Tommorow we will have a film session just so I can go over the whole game with you guys. And yes that means all 90+ minutes. I will stop at certain points and talk about it. I'm going to wrap this up but if you are going to take away anything I said tonight please take away this, Never feel ashamed for being yourself and playing your best. Don't lower your skill level to bridge the gap for other players and or your opponent. You beating them full force will make them better. Have a good night." I wave goodbye before collecting my kids and heading to our room.

"You guys wanna go to the gym with me?" I question since this morning I was caught up in a early meeting with my staff that I never had time to go.

"Sure momma." Ansley says while brett starts putting on his shoes.

I slip into gym shorts and a different shirt. I grab some lifters. I make sure I grab my gym bag and the rental keys before leaving with my kids in tow.

Arriving at the gym me and the kids bypass the front desk after paying. I dryscoop my Per-workout and open up my Workout. Today was Back, Lats, Shoulders.

It might've been the win or maybe I was just happy that I was slowly finding that work- life balance that everyone talks about.

After I finish my workout I lead the kids through an easy workout. Brett was egar to try what I do and ANsley secretly wanted to workout. She would probably never admit it out loud but she always wanted to know what I did.

My phone started ringing. "Hey Brett can you answer that? Front pocket of my bag." I ask as I show Ansley how to get into a deeper squat for healthier knees and overall Quad growth.

Brett answers the phone before running over to me. "Momma Becky says its urgent." Is all he says as he shoves the phone into my hand.

"Hey Becky whast up?"

"Umm how fast can you get to the hotel?"

"5 to 10 minutes why whats wrong?"

"Just get her and quick." The line drops.

"C'mon kids we have to go."

"Why what's going on?" Ansley questions as Brett walks towards the door and I grab my bag following Brett.

"I don't know but I was told to arrive at the hotel as soon as possible. the trio left the gym and burned it to the hotel, going 20-30 sometimes even 40 miles over the speed limit.

Ariving at the hotel they all jumped out of the car, Bryn just barley remembering to turn it off and put it in park in her hazy state.

Bryn handed her keys the key card and told them to go to their room as she headed for Becky's room. She knocked on the door twice and waited until Becky opened the door.

"Hey whats up?"

"Kelley wants to tell the team and then she had a panic attackand now the team is heading here in like 20 minutes and she's freaking out."

"Okay where is she?"

"On her bed. Alyssa's been trying to comfort her but nothing is helping her."

"I got it from here." I say as I walk through the door once Becky steps aside. I exchange spots with Alyssa and pull Kelley towards me.

"Hey kell it's me Bryn. Wanna talk about what's going on?" I question as I position her on my lap so I can rock her.

She just shakes her head no as she buries her head into my neck. "Can I tell you how proud I am of you that you want to tell the team."

As soon as I say that she pulls her head out of the crook of my neck to look at me before speaking in the most broken voice I've heard out of her, "really?" She questions utterly astonished.

"Yeah. I am so proud of you for getting and staying sober. I am so proud that you continue to better yourself everyday even if it's hard. I hope you know that." I state as I continue to rock her. Her sobs began to lessen as I continue to whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

With 5 minutes left until the team arrives Kelley has finally calmed down enough to the point where she can speak. "Hey Kelley lets go get ready."

"I'm just going to fix my makeup I'll be put in a minute."

"Okay. Take your time." I dismiss as she stumbles to the bathroom.

Becky walks up to me after Kelley disappears into the other room. "How do you calm her down so fast?"

"I was an addict so I just say what I wished someone would've said to me and it appears to work."

"Can you teach me some tips?"

"Hold her tight and tell her how much you love her, how proud you are of her and things of that sort. She wants to get sober for this team and she wants to stay sober for you. Even though there isn't a huge age gap I can see how much she looks up to you."

"Thanks Bryn."

"No problem Becky. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. But I thank you and Alyssa for standing by her." My words are cut short as Kelley exits the bathroom.

"Hey kell the team will be here soon do you want me to stay or go?"

"I want to tell them on my own if that's okay?"

"Yeah sure. I'll head out. Give me a call if you need me. If not see you tomorrow." I leave the room and say a prayer everything goes over well not just for Kelley's sake but the teams as well.

I turn on my ringer and wait with my kids, well they watched sponge bob as I frivolously checked my phone just about every 30 seconds.

=====+
Sorry for the long wait. School just started, I'm getting ready for my season and everything has just been a cluster Fuck for lack of a better  word. I have been working on a project to get through writers block that will drop soon but I still struggle to figure out how to price everything together with this book.

Never the less thanks for 10K+ reads, never thought this book would do so well. Thanks to everyone who reads and votes.

Till next time drink water stay safe and don't die.