18

~Tobins pov~

I knew getting into it with Kelley would be stupid but man was she getting handy.

I'm tracking down a ball from press when Kelley pulls on my jersey again resulting in a turnover. "Put your hands on me again!" I state staring at O'Hara who I standing above me.

"What the fuck are you gonna do about?" She cockily retorts.

"Shut the fuck up Ohara!" I'm fucking over her bullshit so what I out paced you get over it. Your fucking 30+.

"Get your bitch ass up I barley touched you. Fucking floppy salmon." By now both of us are standing and are toe to toe. I grab her jersey first and shove her. She somehow remains standing and shoved me back.

We get into a shoving match. A whistle is blown but I'm too focused on putting Kelley in her place.

After one hard push from Kelley I raise my fist. She needed to know a boundary and I was drawling the line in the sand. Before I could swing I get grabbed by the back of jersey and thrown away from Kelley. Before I can even process what's going on I'm told to get on the line.

For the bear crawls I was beating Kelley by a mile. After what seemed like hours I was told to stand only now being able to take a full breathe. My core was done.

I see the forty yards marked out in cones and knew I was screwed. As soon as the whistle is blown I'm off to the races. Everything hurt but I wasn't losing to Kelley.

By the time I completed my 50 forty yard sprints I'm still able to remain upright but am having a harder time catching my breathe. I stare at Kelley as she looks like a fish out of water, opeingin and closing her mouth over and over looking as if she was going to go off on Bryn.

Once we get back st the end line she hands us the plates looking pissed that she has to do this for the second day in a row. I would never reveal this to anyone but Bryns kinda hot when she's mad. Well she's hot all the time but it was something about her eyes that seemed to just trap mine. But I digress and start the workout.

Fairly soon me and Ohara finish. Kelley finishing slower then I did. At least I proving my stamina.

We walk to the middle of the field where the hurdle is set up. As I inch closer to it the bar looks way higher then I originally thought. 33 inches doesn't sound like a lot until you had to jump over it while doing burpees.

Christie was counting my reps and Hope was counting Kelley's. I start just going through the motions in my head as I complete the first couple with ease. At about halfway through Kelley is about to stand up until Hope pushes her back down into push-up positions and says some colorful words to her. Apperantly it was enough to make her finish her reps. At about rep 88 I started struggling. My legs were so worn out from over doing it early on that 33 inches could've been 60.

I kept failing reps. After one mess up I see Kelley being dismissed.

FUCK!

How was I going to prove myself if I got beaten by a fucking booze hound.

I just decide to finish as quick as possible. I failed the next three attampts but I wasn't goin to stop. Not until all 100 where completed.

I take a second to breathe before attempting my next one. This one went way worse then the last ones and my studs got caught on the hurdle causing my shin to slam into the thin wooden beam. I see out of the corner of my eye Christie talking to Bryn. Says a bunch of things while pointing to me. I act as if I don't notice but remain on the ground. The angle in which I fell caused something to feel wrong in my hip.

After a little bit of sitting on the ground I try to attempt my next one but a hand on my back interrupts my movement. "Stop." Her smooth deep voice comes out.

She crouches in front of me. " I know you want to prove yourself." She stops her sentence to what I assume is to check something before continuing." You're not doing anything besides stressing yourself out and risking injury." Her voice shows true concern bringin a light smile to my lips. "Sit up, put your hands over your head and rest." Her authoritative tone comes out to play. Damn she hot. I do as she says not being able to look her in the eye at the fear of turning into a blushing idiot.

She hands me food before taking a seat infront of me. You could truly see how much she cared for each and every player on the team.

We chat for a little and then she has me move to the weight room. This workout wasn't as bad as the Sicarii but it still sucked and tested your lower body stamina.

After finishing the hellsih workout I limp to the locker room and shower. After showering I through on the clean sweats and meet up with her where she was standing outside of the locker room.

We go to dinner as promised. Allowing me to learn more about Bryn. When leaving the deli I was still in shock about what my head coach had just revealed to me.

Mostly racking my brain at who could've caught her eye.

Arriving at the hotel I meet up with the at's to do my recovery as Bryn pots to just head to her room.

======
I skipped most of the dialogue since I don't have my computer and having to re type everything didn't seem appealing.

But yeah little Tobin has a crush.😩