30

Waking up the next day was a cluster fuck of emotions. My mind was spinning so fast it made me physically dizzy.

On the one hand I kinda liked Kelley being close to me.

On the other hand it would probably fall under abuse of power and break about 1000000000 plus codes of conduct. 

This whatever was going on was set up to fail. And I liked Tobin. She was calm and kept to herself, but Kelley was a wildcard and I liked the thrill. But nothing could come out of me and Kelley before she was fully sober. She was trying to get herself right, before the World Cup. Not only would a relationship be frowned upon but it would also add more pressure to her and that's something we didn't need.

My alarm went off at 5 waking me and Kelley up. My kids have gotten so use to the loud alarm they all just sleep through it. Kelley springs forward out of bed and looks around.

Once her eyes lock on mine she immediately lifts the cover. Once seeing her shorts still on she calms down a little and gets out of bed.

"Head back to your room. If you wanna workout this morning I'll meet you in the lobby in 5."

"Okay." Is all she responds as she grabs her phone and leaves my room.

I try to shake off the nagging feeling and get through with my pre workout morning routine.  After getting dressed I head down to the lobby with 1 minutes to spare.

Just as I was about to head to the car Kelley emerges from the elevator. I just nod and allow her to follow me to the car.

We head to the gym and I give Kelley her workout while I focus on mine. It's hard to ignore her but I had to for my sanity, reputation ,and kids. They just lost their mom to the prison system not to long back, I didn't want them to think I was replacing their mom. Even if she was barley there she was still their mother.

I'm pushing myself a little harder then I should be but fuck it. Anything to shut up my mind.

By the end of the one hour workout I was feeling similar pain to when I sprained my knee. At least I wore a brace that helped to stabilize it but it still was weak after bearing no weight for a decent time period.

Arriving back at the car I started to pull the pack from my gym bag when Kelley opened her door alerting me to her presence. I shove the pack of smokes deeper into the bag and take my seat behind the wheel after checking my bag in the back.

"How you feel?" I question trying to break the awkward tension.

"Better. The movie last night and the gym this morning has kept my head mostly clear." She states honestly.

"Good. I'm glad."

"Yeah."

The conversations dwindles down returning the awkward atmosphere to the small Ford Focus.

"Hey Kelley. . .-" I pause figuring how to reword this. "Did I maybe do something wrong or make you feel uncomfortable. I feel like we've been walking on eggshells around each other today."

"Nothing happened." She replies a little too quickly, and the uncomfortable shift in her chair almost screamed their was an underlying problem.

"You sure. I am here at your dispense. I might've stepped in a little too much. I need and want you to be comfortable here. And if I'm causing you discomfort please tell me."

She sighs long and hard fighting the internal battle. "I guess it just peeved me that the past two nights or so I've woken up on top of you." I can tell there is something she is withholding from me but it's not my place to overstep.