19

Bryns pov

The next morning I send out a mass email telling everyone it would be an off-day.

The only requirement was to show up for breakfast and dinner. I would have a players only meeting in the conference room after dinner. I also sent out individual text to both Kelley and Tobin since I don't need their off the field shit to interfere with their play.

Once that's all done I head to the gym to work through some shit. Tobin was a fucking rocket, man she would be an easy 12/10, well I mean she was a 12/10.

Trying to push away my feelings for the striker, I did legs. Knowing the physical pain that would come from it would be a nice distraction from my "crush".

The workout left me limping and in immense pain. I see it's 7 giving me barely enough time to shower and my very noticeable limp was slowing me down.

I had forgotten my knee brace like an idiot and now I was paying the price.

I arrive back at the hotel and shower before dressing in golf shorts, a uswnt polo, and black nike revolution 5's in black. I put on a belt and tuck in my polo. It was professional while not being uncomfortable. I also make sure to wrap my knee before putting on the brace

I round up my kids and head down to the meal room. We make a plate and eat. I tell everyone the details in which I sent in the email but knowing them they are pro-athletes they probably get 1000+ emails before they even wake up.

Once everyone is briefed on the details I exit the room dismissing all of them. My kids would be hanging out with Christie's as they do school work.

I head to the conference room to meet with Tobin first. 

I arrive 3 minutes early and set up all my stuff. Tobin arrives about 5 minutes late.

She takes a seat across from with her head bowed in shame. "Good morning Tobin. I know this ain't exactly how you imagined your off day going but I think we have something to talk about. I will also call you back here to have a meeting with you and Kelley together to squash whatever caused your outburst yesterday. But now is not the time to discuss those details without miss.Ohara present. So I'm not going to bore you with my story that I had previously shared. Let's get into this shall we?" I question making sure she is listening. She nods her head slightly letting me continue. "First I wold like you to look at me, I'm not mad nor should you be ashamed. We all have our outburst. So what keeps you playing soccer?"

She sighs before answering. "I guess it was always my dream and know since I have achieved I'm trying to prolong it."

"Is there not a goal you are currently working at?"

"Win the World Cup." She states obviously.

"Well for you to win the World Cup you would have to make the roster? Now before you stress out I want to say that it would be stupid to leave you here if your healthy. I don't only want you on the team but I want you to be a leader. And as a leader you will be mentoring, well I don't want the younger players to think how you acted yesterday is acceptable under any circumstances. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Well now since you know where my heads at i want to know where your head is at?"

"Can you please elaborate?"

"Sure, What is making you work hard, or what is motivating you at this moment?"

"A starting spot. I want to win a World Cup as a starter."

"Okay. So now since I know that what gives you an edge over not only your opponent but your teammates who are also fighting for a starting spot?"

"I don't mean to sound cocky but I feel I have an edge on my teammates as I'm good with instructions and a quick learner but not only that but I like to think I work harder then most."