Chapter 9

*~ Stranger ~*

- Techno's POV -

I had been walking through this god damned snowstorm for hours and I still haven't found a good place to set up camp, god this sucks. I need to find a place to set up soon, or else I might get stuck in the snow, that'd be even worse than walking through this stupid snowstorm. No Techno, stop, Phil, told you not to just dwell on negative things when things get rough.

Okay, what are some good things I should be happy about? The voices haven't been bothering me much,  I'm dressed for the weather, I have plenty of supplies, and I'm not that cold. Those are all pretty good, but they don't make up for the fact that I'm stuck out in a snowstorm and can't find a fucking place to make camp.

My thoughts were cut off abruptly by me tripping and falling to the ground, the snow under me softly crunching as I did so.

"OH COME ON!" I yelled angrily as I got even more upset than I was before. I turned around and pulled out my sword ready to stab whatever tripped me. I don't care if it was a log a something dumb like that, I needed to take my anger out on something. But my anger was soon replaced by confusion.

"What is that?" Whatever I tripped over was a dark shade of purple.

"Wait, is that a person?" I put my sword away and picked them up.

"Holy shit, I think it is." I examined them and what they were wearing. His clothing choice was stupid, to say the least. It looks like the kind of outfit you might wear during fall or maybe during cold spring days. And are those burns on his face? How did he even get those? Do I even care? No, no I don't think I do. I dropped the stranger and turned around and started walking away.

'Are you really just going to leave them there to die?' One of the voices said.

"Since when have you guys cared about the lives of others, also he's probably an orphan."

'You should help them.' Another one chimed in.

"And why would I do that?" I said as I continued to walk away.

'They'll owe you their life.'

"They're probably already dead."

'They aren't.'

"And how exactly do you know that?"

'We don't, but it wouldn't hurt to check.'

"No, I don't think I will."

'Why are you so stubborn? Just help them.'

"Fine, but only because you guys wouldn't stop harassing me until I do." I turn around and head back toward the stranger.

Once I got back to him he was already partially covered in snow again. I highly doubt that this orphan is alive, because who the hell can survive being out in a snowstorm as long as he has. I squat down next to the guy take the glove in my right hand and check to see if he has a pulse.

Once I placed my hand on his neck I noticed just how cold his skin was. It felt as cold as ice, but he did have a pulse, somehow. I also noticed that he was shivering lightly.

"How are you alive?" I asked as I put my glove back on and the stranger coughed lightly.

"Ah, I see. Good to know," I continued in a sarcastic tone as I took off my cape. I wrapped the stranger up in it and picked them up. They weren't that heavy considering their height. How tall even is this guy? He looks like he's almost a foot taller than me. I decided his height wasn't that important and I continued looking for a place to set up camp.

633 words: This entire chapter was nothing but plot convenience, which makes me wonder. What if for some reason Techno didn't find Ranboo? Would Ranboo teleport in front of Techno still under snow so they can have the same interaction they did in this chapter? Or would Techno be stuck out in the snow until he found Ranboo?