Chapter 43

×~ Housing Arrangements ~×

The village was closer than it had ever been it would only be another hour or so until they walked into it. The group was full of different worries and hopes. They had never planned on spending this long outside of civilization but they were slower than expected and winter had come sooner than they would have hoped.

Ranboo continued to stare off into space, trying to ignore the growing pain that shot up their left leg while Tommy lightly teased Tubbo about his love life and Tubbo lightly teased Tommy about his lack of a love life. Wilbur on the other hand was having a conversation with Techno and Philza about their love for different types of music, which slowly but surely devolved into Will ranting about his deep, undying love for sand and Techno wishing he was anywhere else.

Eventually, the piglin looked over at Ranboo and noticed something off about how they were walking. It wasn't something that he could completely point out or identify but the way they moved their left leg was oddly strained. It was barely noticeable but it was still concerning. He eventually decided to brush it off and leave it for a later conversation, they would be arriving at the village soon anyway.

"That's smoke!" Tommy yelled as he pointed up ahead toward the sky. As soon as he yelled this everyone stopped walking and looked at where he was pointing and sure enough, there was smoke rolling up from several unseen fires, partially hidden in the grey clouds that were still dropping snow on the surrounding landscape.

"Yup, that sure is," Philza observed as he brought his attention down to Tommy and ruffled the boy's hair.

"We could keep going as a group for a few more minutes and then I can go on ahead and see what their opinions on hybrids and non-humans are," Wilbur suggested.

"That sounds good," Techno agreed with a small nod.

"Yeah, we don't want to just waltz into a village full of hunters," The avian said with a laugh.

"I wanna go to," Tommy whined.

"Tommy, I'm not sure if that's the best idea," Wilbur declined.

"Why not?" The short-haired blonde questioned sounding annoyed.

"Because you're kind of annoying," Tubbo quipped.

Tommy, in response, gasped, very loudly and very fakely, "I thought you were my friend." The two looked at each other before letting out a quick chuckle.

"Tommy, you can go, just try not to get Wilbur killed," Philza chimed in.

"C'mon seriously," Wilbur sighed.

"Fuck Yeah!" The blonde celebrated.

"I don't want to deal with Tommy alone," The brunette groaned.

"In your face Wilbitch!" As Tommy yelled this he flipped off his older brother. Wilbur on the other hand just gestured toward his younger brother, who just proved his point. The only one who seemed to care was Ranboo, who was mainly confused about the whole "Wilbitch" thing.

"You'll live," Techno sighed, "Just leave already, I'm tired of waiting around."

"Sure thing," Wilbur rolled his eyes as he started in the direction of the smoke, Tommy following shortly after. Within seconds the blonde got bored of walking and started jogging so he could pass his brother. As soon as Wilbur noticed this he quickened his pace, he couldn't let Tommy win that easy.

Soon the two were sprinting through the snow-covered forest, trying to pass one another and get to the village first. They weren't paying much attention to their surroundings other than making sure they were heading in the right direction and making sure they didn't trip over anything. It was almost sad how unobservant they were being, they ran past someone and didn't even notice. At least they were having fun.